Would you have stopped on the highway for this Mother Duck and her chicks?

In this video is a mother duck and her chicks trying to cross this busy highway. all the motorists either swerve out of the way or stop to let them cross. officials in this news report say that they should not do this and that if they were to get into an accident they could face criminal charges. http://www.grindtv.com/wildlife/motorists-told-not-to-stop-for-ducks-crossing-freeway/#OULEa1QFB3i7zPz1.97

Would you have stopped?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would have done the exact same thing. Swerved and stopped, whatever I could have done. I would have seen them early enough to warn the people behind me to slow down. Can't believe they all made it!!

What Girls Said 9

• LOL! i cracked up at all the cars swerving. they caused so much trouble hahaha.

honestly i either might have changed lanes as others did or pulled over and tried to ring someone up. if i wasn't on some kind of errand, i may have even taken them to some kind of vet or caretaker.

• yeah I would have.

• God watching that video was EXTREMELY intense!

I would just move around the ducks. Since stopping doesn't seem like a smart idea because other people won't slow down. So they would just run into you and then sue you for everything you have.

• But to me humans do not out weigh the value of other animals. They are just as equally important.

• I have no problem eating meat or hitting ducks to protect my life and the lives of others around me. Just for the record in case anyone gets the wrong idea from that last post.

• @tizz704 Nope I still eat meat. Not often though. I don't eat ducks.

In this case it's completely different. One your killing because your driving to fast to begin with to even try to avoid them. Since even from a distance you can see something is in that lane. So the person should be smart enough to know get in the other lane. As in the lane furthest from the objects in the road.

Killing animals to eat is different since we are omnivores. Sure we could go without eating animals but you still need to get some of the nutrients from them.

Now if the only way i could eat meat by killing the animal myself. I couldn't do it and would just find some other kind of source.

Have you ever watched an animal slowly die? Though it doesn't seem like you care to much at all about other animals and just about humans.

• Well yes. Here it's normal to stop for birds, even if you're on a highway.

• Yeah I would have.

• Ya I for sure would , we always stop for ducks here on the roads.

• You must have tons of wild life up there in Canada i bet huh? haha

• I would run them over

I'm kidding. If I actually drove I would swerve out of the way

• I'd have tried to avoid them, but not at the risk of causing an accident that could kill someone - even a kid.

• Sorry I would've slowed hit them. Rather hot them then having someone slam into me.

What Guys Said 4

• Fuck hitting things, you ever hit an animal at high speed? That shit can fuck up your car. slow down, put your 4 ways on and change lanes when it's safe.

I don't care about the ducks, run em over if you absolutely have to. Their life isn't worth more than yours.

• Thank you! Ducks aren't going to raise the child who's mother died from slamming into the back of a stopped car at 70mph. Obviously we dont like to see ducks die but is this an animal rights activist group dropping comments on here? Wtf is wrong with people.

• Honestly, if someone slams into the back of my car, it's because they we following way too fucking close. Especially if they do it at 70mph.

• Not necessarily for ducks, no... you just can't (necessarily) see them from far enough to stop a semi, which take 3-4 times more stopping room... I once stopped in time for an entire herd of elk though... even though it was pitch-black, and they're the same color as the surrounding scenery... "hey... where'd the road go? And why is the horizon moving?"

• yeh fam i would have stopped, who wouldn't fam?

• I would have run them over and eaten them!