Before a trip how early do you pack?

Do you pack super early (1+ weeks in advance), super last-minute (night before), OR at a decent time (a day to two days before)?

I'm a super early packer. I'm going to Texas in 11 days and I've already begun slowly packing things away into my suitcase. I mean, it's not like I'll need any of the clothes 'cause I work, come home and sleep, then work again.

Before a trip how early do you pack?

• Super early
  • Decent time
  • Super last minute

Most Helpful Guy

• Day before. It takes an hour to pack, if I'm being lazy.

I don't want a bag of stuff laying around that I can't use.

I can't pack toiletries until the morning of departure because I use it all every day.

I have to do laundry before I go to have clean clothes anyway, unless it's just an overnight thing, in which case I throw one change of clothes in a backpack right before I leave.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am an early packer. I just love making luggage <3

• I'm glad someone else understands it! Seeing the packed luggage just makes you THAT much more excited for the trip!

• yeah it gives you energy and happiness :D lol

What Guys Said 9

• I'm in Thailand in about 10 hours. Just finished packing now so go figure

• I'm a pack-the-night-before person. I usually run all kinds of crazy laundry and make multiple trips to the store to get things I need. LOL

• Probably a couple days before I never really pack anything but bare essentials.

• I am always ready to go I have spare shirts/pants/underware and jackets for the road

• Day before duhhhh

• I would say like a day early! LOL 😊

• I'll throw in some clothes on my way out the door

• Weirdly I am traveling this Thursday so I pack my bag a day before it

• If I waited any more to the last minute, I'd have forgotten my stuff at home.

What Girls Said 13

• I've mostly packed by like two weeks before I have to go and just do finishing touches when there's only a few days left :P I also pack about a week before leaving when I'm actually on holiday, and there was one time when I went to Italy for a week that I didn't actually bother unpacking my clothes and kept everything folded up in the suitcase unless I wore it, so there was less to do later.

• Depends on the type and length of trip... if it's just like a weekend away or a week at a resort, I'll just pack the night before or day of, depending what time I'm leaving at. But if I'm going on more of an adventure-style trip, or going for more than a couple of weeks, I will begin planning at least a few weeks ahead of time (making my list, buying what I don't already own, going through the itinerary to figure out what I might need, etc.) and will start packing the stuff I don't need at home in the meantime a few days in advance and then the rest of my clothes and stuff the night before while ticking each item off the list as they get packed.

• Definitely last minute. I'm a procrastinator to the max, so I always procrastinate everything, packing as well.

• yayy! about you coming to Texas! <3
    rack.1.mshcdn.com/.../excited-baby.gif

and I don't pack super early or last minute, so decent time.

• Sooooo excited!

• Sorry if am being a little bit nosey! .. It just sounds like you two are planning on meeting up? :)

• @solitairebond nope no plans to do so! There's someone else from here I MIGHT meet up with but it's highly doubtful.

Otherwise I've got a packed weekend of activities ☺️

• I usually start packing a few days before but do most of it the night before XD

• Lol, an hour before I leave >.<

• Gosh. Am usually PACKED and READY TO GO at least a week beforehand.!!

• I'll take my suitcase out about a week in advance in the hopes that I'll pack.. but it'll wait until the night before.

and when it comes to unpacking I usually go a solid week to 2 weeks before I even unzip the bag.

YAY procrastination!

• Depends on where I'm going and for how long. I'm generally a super early to decent time packer tho.

• Yeahhh. I just get too excited, lol. I just finished packing everything except for my deodorant, toothbrush, and underwear for texas. ;p

• Lol yeahhhh man. Long time comin!

• It depends. If I'm flying overseas, definitely like 5 days earlier or so. If I'm going camping, the night before or that morning. If I'm just going on a roadtrip then maybe one or two days earlier.

• Usually the night before I'm going to leave.

• Usually the day before, I should start doing it sooner, I always forget something

• I usually pack the day before, but my mom tries to convince me to pack at least a week before.