Do guys try harder when there's competition for a girl?

For example if they see the girl they like talking to another guy and they get jealous, do you think they become more determined than ever to get her once they know that they have competition? Like do you think jealous boys will try to get their crush to notice him more and try harder to get her attention?
Why or why not?

• Yes. For the most part.
  • No. That's untypical.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, and No.

Well, I don't think so. Not all men are competitive by nature, most men won't give into the jealousy feelings, if they feel jealous they will just walk away from that women instead of doing something to get the woman.

Hence the answer is yes if the man is competitive by nature, I mean the man wants to show that he is best for her in any way he can so he will try harder to get her attention.

The answer is No, if the man is non-competitive by nature, a man who believes in who he is and not compare himself to others, he believes the woman should like him without him trying to do anything to get her attention and so such men won't try hard at all. They will just be themselves.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• I don't consider a girl to be a prize to fight over, so no.
    Her value is not increase by the number of people who want her. She is still the same to me regardless.

I would state my interest and if she shows no interest back then I move on. I don't care if I have "competition" or not. Either she is interested in me or she is not.

• A side note:
      This is generally how many girls behave. They are usually more attracted to "pre-selected" men. Men don't work the same way that girls do which can become highly competitive when they realize that lots of girls want the same guy.

• It depends on how much he wants her and the guy's personality. Some guys will pursue her harder and some guys will give up.

• No I let my interest be known and let her decide. Im not a dancing monkey I do not compete. I am the prize she's welcome to come along for the ride but thats her decision.

• Lol I'd rather go after another one but since My taste for women is weird it hardly ever happens to me

• Either she is into me and we date or she isint so i dont care. So no, i dont chase and i dont know anyone competes for girls either.

• Depends. But if I find out she's doing that on purpose to make me jealous, I instantly lose interest.

• Why?

• I don't like women who play mind games, and I'm sure that many guys agree with me. I like girls who are straightforward, and don't try to deceive or manipulate their way into a relationship.

This only applies if she's trying to make me jealous on purpose, of course.

• i personally get less interested xD donĀ“t know why.

• I like how most of the girls voted yes, and guys voted no. Hmmmmmmm, which one is right.

• It's the guys, just saying. You have to show interest in me, you showing interest in other men right in front of me is a slap in the face. I just end up not liking you.

What Girls Said 1

• Both sexes do it but it depends on the individual.