Anyone else hate getting spoiled?

I don't like it at all. It actually turns me off. I like to pay for my own things. It bothers me with guys try to buy me nice things.

• I hate it
  • I love it
  • I don't mind it
when*

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel really uncomfortable when people spend money on me. The reason is because I've grown up seeing various family members, especially my parents, being given money by people who claimed that it was NOT a loan, yet they ended up trying to screw my relatives over and hounding them to pay up. I've also heard stories from my friends who saw their families go through the same thing.

So now I do whatever I can to avoid having people spend money on me, because I', (rightfully) paranoid that they'll end up trying to force me to pay them back or take advantage of me by making me do them favors.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I'm not a big fan.
    I had this guy in my class who was quite rich, money's not a problem at all for him, and one day when I forgot my lunch money, he was nice enough and bought me a small chocolate bar. Even though it was cheap af, I didn't like it, I don't like feeling like I'm spending other people's money, no matter how much or little.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't like it. It feels weird. I am used to taking care of myself or others. Not being taken care of.

• It is better to be able to pay your own way

• Pffffffttt, I'd love getting spoiled! Spoil me rotten baby! 😈

• I hate it, and love it. Make people hate you but you get more things!

• If I invite someone out somewhere I'm paying. No female should feel special because I'd do it if I invited a guy friend too. It's just my nature

What Girls Said 7

• yup i hate hate hate it.
    praise, gifts, compliments, anything of that sort all make me sooooo uncomfortable

• I don't like when guys spoil be with words. When they say I am "beautiful" or things like that. I feel it is fake, they have no standards, or are loser guy O. o. I like guy to be honest and mean more. I dunno why O. o

• As long as I can pay the guy back in someway later (not sexually) then I'm ok with it, but otherwise I feel like I'm just using him and feel guilty... I've never been the type to just accept favors and things from people without giving back unless it was my birthday or something though.

• I like it and then I feel even better when I get them something.

• Yeah I'm that way too.

• Yup it makes me feel really awkward and exactly as someone buys me something I'm always thinking of ways to repay them. It's like that when I go out with a guy I always demand to pay dutch.

• I do love it!