Can I get a job in high school and do sports? And keep grades up? Experience? Please help?

I'm 16 and I'll be a junior this year.. I'm going to a new school this year in a small town.. There's a food lion down the road I could just walk to and work there.. I really want a job to save up for my car and spend some on myself. But I also want to play sports. Last year the school I was at didn't have any I wanted to play this school does.. Also do you think my boss could work around sports hours like after school? And lastly my grades.. I usually make A's and B's maybe one C in math.. Which I'll get grounded for so what do you think? Nothing rude please.. Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah. Structure your time well. Good thing about high school is everything is pretty much structured for you already. Set time for work, time for studying, and time for practice/training. Don't sacrifice one's importance for another. Granted, school should see the most effort.

Most Helpful Girl

• It might be hard to.

What Guys Said 1

• I think you have to judge for yourself. It is definitely possible if you do decide to work and your grades start to drop you can always just quit. You have nothing to lose if you feel that you are ready for it.

What Girls Said 1

• It will be a lot of pressure but if you can handle it, go for it.

I would not.
    I had a job and school. I did not do well with time management, so I quit the job.

And you want sports too.

That will be a bit hard for me.