What do you think of people who rarely use abbreviations in messaging and type out almost all words in full form?

In my case, my teenage friends and friends in their twenties rarely use abbreviations when they text me.
It's my older friends who use abbreviations and they ask how come I don't use abbreviations in texting. Haha : )

Most Helpful Guy

• That I am talking to someone around my own age.

• In my case, my teenage friends and friends in their twenties rarely use abbreviations when they text me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guilty guilty. I can't complain many times I type out two instead of 2.

What Guys Said 9

• Awesome.
    (Needless filler; a requirement that should have been done away with several upgrades ago.)

• those are my kinds of people. I don't respond to questions with poor text-speak. I can deal with grammar or spelling slip ups here and there, but if the title has 'ur', 'u' etc I skip it...

I do use some myself though, but that is because they are dating terms I use tons on here, like ONS, boyfriend, girlfriend, or LDR, DTR.

so I guess that makes me a bit hypocritical...

• They are awesome. I prefer it that way in text messages and email. Abbreviations are more appropriate in gaming where time is the essence.

• It's fucking glorious.

• I think they actually know how to form a sentence.

• Good people.

• They are evil people. They don't realize how many extra electrons they are using up. Don't they care about the Earth?

• My friends and I usually type everything out.
    My mom uses the most inane abbreviations and it's kind of embarrassing.

• I'm like "screw u and Ur neat typing.. U must be a math lover"

What Girls Said 10

• I prefer it.

• I am one of those people. It helps me write reports and such.

• I am that way and I prefer to be spoken to that way. I hate "chat speak" with a passion.

• I love them and their use of real words :-)

• Nothing. Its a choice. I dont care what people do honestly.

• Mom is that you?

• I think thats perfectly ok and they just like being grammatically correct :p

• I rarely use abbreviations. I think the younger generation uses the more formal language. While the younger are using slang or abbreviate words. That latter grew up with technology while the older generation learned a more formal way of communicating.

• Easier to read. I like it.

• I don't mind it.