Would anyone consider leaving everything behind and becoming a nomad in the wild with maybe a tent, a backpack and a knife?

Society has been bumming me out, and I'm debating just walking out the door and never coming back.

Most Helpful Girl

• As shitty as society is and the rest of the fucking world, i wouldn't run away forever. Maybe you just need a break, run away for a while and worry about nothing. Sometimes thats all we need to heal us. A break.

• A break will heal all the social programming, consumerist programming, mind altering media agenda, pseudo political bullshit? It'd have to be a 22 year long break for me.

What Girls Said 1

• Ehh - I like having antibiotics and coffee and heating in the winter and contact with other human beings.

Also, I don't know how to survive in the wild all that much.

What Guys Said 5

• Sometimes it's important to wander for a bit to clear your head and get some perspective. But people are better off for the most part with other people. Having isolated myself in the past and finding myself I'd rather establish a self sufficient village than go back to that

• Yes, as long as I could take my car, TV, electrical source, internet connection, refrigerator, grocery store... :-)

• That thought crossed my mind too several times, i think i would actually enjoy it. But most likely you'll die out there, unless you know how to survive. I really want to try that later though (for a set amount of time).

• Damn you should have answered like a few days ago, I would have picked this as mho. I agree. I have some survival skills but probably not enough.

• I know various fauna and Flora, what to eat, what not to eat, how to build a fire, where to setup a shelter, how to set up a shelter... Various things that I learned from scouting and camping over the years

• Thats cool, i really want to learn those skills.

This might be interesting for you:

https://youtu.be/Fgwy-UdtyLs
      It's the beginning of a series of thenewboston surviving in the appalachian mountain range i think.

In the usa there is a lot more space to do such a thing, but in Europe there barely isn't ;P

• I'd try that, but the second football season starts I'd be back "on" the grid.

• Putting up a tent, is... very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You rent her, unzip the door, put up your pole an'... slip in to the old bag.