Do you think just because military members have fought for our freedom, that gives them the right to control non-military members freedom of speech?

and opinions, along with treating other people like crap?

Judging by a lot of I've seen plenty of comments coming from American military service members on the internet, they seem to have this "I fought for my country, therefore I have the complete right over all of my citizens freedoms and am above all of them" mindset.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Pretty bold statement coming from some anon.
    As for your comment I have never noticed any comments like you describe.
    More often then not it's the common citizen treating the service members like shit.

• Says the one being anon herself

• I wasn't the one being judgmental.

Most Helpful Guy

• No one has complete control over who you think of and how you think of it. But do they deserve respect from people who are disrespectful? fuck yes they do. It isn't that they think they are better than anyone, they have just sacrificed a large portion of their lives, and their friends lives so many of us could speak freely. Holding that knowledge do you think you would feel the same way if someone came by disrespecting the people who died or the amount of stress they were put through? That is called accomplishment and we need to treat it as such.

• Of course I'm all for showing respect and appreciation towards military service members who served with the genuine intention of protecting our freedoms. I just hate the ones who pull the military service card when things don't go their way and then contradict themselves as mlilitary service members supposedly fighting for our freedoms.

• I can agree with that it doesn't give you a right to be a douche because you were able to be in the military. Though most all the people I have known who served are pretty respectful aside from a few privates still enlisted but I get it... you have next to no rank... so you are allowed to hate life at that point lol

What Girls Said 4

• that defeats the purpose doesn't it? If the military doesn't want Americans to do/say something that is an infringement of our freedom they were fighting for. They're everyday people like anyone else and they chose to put themselves into a war

• The only time I've seen that happen is when someone uses a variation of that lame copypasta :/

• If it involves punching you in thr fave you commie.

• Voted no, and the American army doesn't even fight for our freedom. They invade other countries and kill tons of people but everyone pretends they're heroes. It's bs.

What Guys Said 5

• I voted yes, in that they are more deserving of everything, freedom-wise, than those who haven't served. They signed a contract forfeiting all of their personal rights, safety, and wishes in order to protect our freedom and way of life. Why should you be more deserving? Are they above us? In a sense, I would say yes.

I have never read anything resembling your description; the most relevant topic is the people (pieces of shit) walking on the flag thing, and their remarks regarding that subject. I'd like to read what you're reading though so that I can see for myself - so post some links if you like.

• Then, you're basically contradicting what the US of A is all about. Your beliefs sound nothing like the reflection of the US. Sounds more like a reflection of facist Nazi Germany.

• bwahaha! You're taking it too far. I'm not saying we don't deserve that, but rather, they deserve it more. Don't put words in my mouth.

• Oh I forgot to ask. How is that a reflection of Nazi Germany? Really dude. SMH

• "I fought for my country, therefore I have the complete right over all of my citizens freedoms and am above all of them"

Who said this?

• You must hang out on a different internet than I do.

• Control over our freedoms? no. do I think many feel entitled to things for a choice they made? yes. the US is overly militaristic, we take far too much pride in our military It think... We claim it keep peace, but haw can the strongest force the world has ever seen, be anything other than a killing machine?

• No, that would be a contradiction of their purpose, I don't think many actually think up shit like that. They are however significantly more deserving of their freedom of speech.