I pulled a cheating prank and on my girlfriend and it did not go as planned at all What can I do now?

My girlfriend came over and i pretended that another girl was over. I had my friends purse there and her earings on the bed. I pretended that no one was there and that i thought that was her earings and purse and so on. I told her to send me a fake text saying that she needed to come over to get them. So after my girlfriend got emotional and mad i was going to tell her it was a prank and it was our friends purse (she just bought it) and earings. So i swear as soon as i was going to say it was a prank she took my phone and smashed it on the gorund and began crying,. Now i was going to use my phone to text sabrina (our friend) and prove it was a prank but i had no phone. I told my girlfriend it was all fake and it a prank and so on.

She got emotional and tried to hug her and she kept shoving me away :( I even went to show her it's the other girls earings cause she knows how they look like and i told her to look at them closly. I showed her the purse and told opened it and nothing was inside and i kept telling her it was a prank. I don't have a phone so how can i convince her it's a prank? Like i did not know it was burst into this. What can i do now? She is in my house but will not even look at me or talk to me. Like she ignores me as if i'am not even there :( what can i do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, that's why you should never do pranks like that. Often times, they backfire. I'm not sure why you even thought doing this would be a good idea.

Well it's done now, all you can do is keep telling her that you did not cheat on her and that it was a prank. Perhaps you can ask your female friend who was in on it to vouch for you and tell your girlfriend that it was her purse and earrings. She may realize that it was a prank and not be upset about that but she will still probably be upset that you would even do a prank like that.

It will most likely just take time for her to get over it. Give her some space and don't pressure her too much.

• I think she knows it's a joke. Cause she is at my house but is not talking to me or even paying attention to me. She locked herself in my room :( she was crying before. Damn it, i didn't know it would be this bad. I messaged the other girl to text her it was her stuff and that it was a prank. Regardless she is coming over to get her things (props for the prank basically). So maybe then i can explain to my girlfriend it was a prank. I fell like an asshole now. ughhh. I keep knocking on the door for her to get out and tlak to me but she won't :(

I go to hug her, and she says "get the f*ck off of me"... I never thought she would react this way to it

• Well, I'm glad she's doing a bit better now. I'm sure she'll come around soon.

• i hope so

Most Helpful Guy

• www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/960/youare.jpg

Since she didn't leave your home then she just so upset and needs to calm and she will probably talk to you. If she was really mad and the relationship was in jeopardy she wouldn't even stay in the house. Ask to use her phone or use a land line phone at your house or nearest pay phone and have that friend talk to her or tell her to come over. After it is cleared up apologize profusely.

• She is a bit better now but not fully happy. I talked to her for an hour straight and when the girl came she talked too. My girlfriend said it broke her heart even thinking about it cause she would never cheat on me. Tonight i said i would take her out to eat but she did not reply to that. She was at my house before but now at her house. I feel like calling her her cause i need to pick her up in 2 hours., do you think she would want to go out tonight?

• Probably not

• if she doesn't i will still buy her flowers and go to her house, if she doesn't want to to open the door then i will leave them there. i really bad now. She did say sorry for breaking my phone cause i got that phone last month , so she did apologize for that

What Girls Said 14

• This is why certain things shouldn't be a prank.

This is also why people that do pranks on others, record "the set up of the prank" to show the person that it was all planned.

I'm sorry it didn't go as planned.
    But that's how pranks are...
    Unpredictable!
    That's what puts the fun in everything.

You have to apologize to your girl.
    You owe her a nice night out... with lots of comfort and apologizing.
    Give her time to come around.
    She really loves you and you broke her heart for that moment.
    Now that she may feel over it, she just thinks you're a jerk for putting her through that emotional distress.

• i apologized and the other girl came to, too show her it was a prank. my girlfriend and i talked it out for 1 hour and i said to her that i would take her out tonight. But she has not replied and i need to know in 2 hours basically, i'am using my home phone cause she broke my cellphone. I feel like an ass for what iv'e done. But i will call her in 30 minutes to see if she still wants to go out. I have something much bigger planned but just for tonight i wanted to take her out. If she says no I don't know what to do :( OR should i give her space?

• I think the flowers, dinner and the constant apologizing are enough. But if you must... you should do a full day of spa for her (if she is into that), it wouldn't hurt and it's a great idea.
      I'm glad she came around.

• she likes that spa stuff and so on. today she agreed to dinner so we're getting back on track

• Well honestly that's the worst prank you could do to a girl (if you're a girl a guy too).. it puts the option of trust on the line and even if it was a prank the things that went through her head she can't get back. I know you were trying to be funny but perhaps steer clear of cheating pranks x You can ask her what can you do to make her feel better

• i apologized and the other girl came to, too show her it was a prank. my girlfriend and i talked it out for 1 hour and i said to her that i would take her out tonight. But she has not replied and i need to know in 2 hours basically, i'am using my home phone cause she broke my cellphone. I feel like an ass for what iv'e done. But i will call her in 30 minutes to see if she still wants to go out. I have something much bigger planned but just for tonight i wanted to take her out. If she says no I don't know what to do :(

• Amazing! Already looking positive for you. Great (:

• yup thanks :)

• First off horrible prank! I could never see that ending well in any situation.

That being said: since this girl is a mutual friend is it possible that your girlfriend has her number or is friends with her on Facebook? Maybe ask her to contact the friend and have her explain it was just a bad joke gone terribly wrong.

In the future don't ever play a joke like this again! Stick to light and funny pranks next time.. Sheesh. I hope it works out for you

• seriously? how old are you to think that this prank is a funny one? you hurt her... and you want her to understand? i don't think she's gonna believe you... i think you lost both your phone and your chances to be with your girlfriend again
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...7300fa09e9.gif

• Hey sorry i forgot to make an update but it's resolve now. thanks for commenting though. I have a special day planned for the both of us and she agree to pay me fore most of my phone since she smashed it. I'am still with her and i know i messed up. i won't ever do this prank again

• Next time, just stop and think. This is such a dumb thing to do... or are you actually cheating and come up with the weakest excuse ever? Either way, you ain't too bright. Grovel as best you can and don't try any more pranks... your sense of humour sucks!

• I would NEVER cheat on her. I always make her laught and i thought this would be a fun little prank, i would have never expected it to blow up like this.

She is a bit better now but not fully happy. I talked to her for an hour straight and when the girl came she talked too. My girlfriend said it broke her heart even thinking about it cause she would never cheat on me and she thought it was real and when she said that she began to cry which made me very sad. i do feel like a dick. Tonight i said i would take her out to eat but she did not reply to that. I will call her from my home phone since i dont have my cellphone

• img.ifcdn.com/.../...30e8f6bda2a8644a4370572_1.gif

1. That is the most horrible prank to do. Breaking your girlfriend heart as a joke.
    2. You are lucky that she only smashed your phone.
    3. Maybe its best if you have Sabrina talk to her considering she was in on it and a mutual friend.

• lmao at the pic. But in all seriousness she is a bit better now but not fully happy. I talked to her for an hour straight and when the girl came she talked too. My girlfriend said it broke her heart even thinking about it cause she would never cheat on me and she thought it was real and when she said that she began to cry which made me very sad. i do feel like a dick. Tonight i said i would take her out to eat but she did not reply to that. I will call her from my home phone since i dont have my cellphone.

• Hahahahaha I guess this proves how different girls and guys are. 😂😂😂
    Girls: how could you do that?
    Guys: but... But the phone...

Seriously though, horrible idea and I know girls who'd break up for something like this... I'd probably not talk to you for a good few days, you'll just have to be patient.
    Even if for the sake of your future phone never bring other women in as a joke...

• She is a bit better now but not fully happy. I talked to her for an hour straight and when the girl came she talked too. My girlfriend said it broke her heart even thinking about it cause she would never cheat on me. Tonight i said i would take her out to eat but she did not reply to that.

• Aw, thanks, and I'm sure your girl does too, good luck dude. 💑

• thanks

• Why on earth did you think that would be a funny joke to play on your girlfriend?

• it was a prank. We've been together for almost 3 years so i though she would laught it off. see she smashed my phone so i could not text the other girl to text her it was a prank. i messaged the girl on facebook to text my girlfriend it was a prank cause they're both good friends but she is not on right now.

• This is how you should have felt BEFORE you did this. I'm glad you've grown up as a person.

• Regardless of what happens tonight i will buy her flowers, if she does not answer her doorbell i will leave them outside her door.

• you hav a computer right? ok if you have a gmail account aka a google email acc. you can sign in and call someone from there

• Hey sorry i forgot to make an update but it's resolve now. thanks for commenting though. I have a special day planned for the both of us and she agree to pay me fore most of my phone since she smashed it.

• i messed up probably the worst in our relationship by doing this. I won't ever do it again.

• Um yeah that was quite a dumb prank I must say. If you really want to fix things I suggest being as remorseful as you possibly can be and apologise sincerely but if she doesn't want to talk to you give her a bit of space and time and make sure you try to comfort her as much as possible without physically trying to touch her or the like.

• She is a bit better now but not fully happy. I talked to her for an hour straight and when the girl came she talked too. My girlfriend said it broke her heart even thinking about it cause she would never cheat on me. Tonight i said i would take her out to eat but she did not reply to that. She was at my house before but now at her house. I feel like calling her her cause i need to pick her up in 2 hours., do you think she would want to go out tonight? If she says no then i should just let it be and talk to her tomorrow right?

• Wow, sounds like you've got a pretty amazing girl there. Hopes everything goes well with the two of you!

• thanks

• What you did was very cruel and insensitive. Would you like it if she pulled a cheating prank?

give her time to cool off and never do this again

• I'am trying to fix things but she is a bit better now but not fully happy. I talked to her for an hour straight and when the girl came she talked too. My girlfriend said it broke her heart even thinking about it cause she would never cheat on me and she thought it was real and when she said that she began to cry which made me very sad. i do feel like a dick. Tonight i said i would take her out to eat but she did not reply to that. I will call her from my home phone since i dont have my cellphone

• Why would you do that? haha tell her the truth and hope you didn't completely fuck things up i guess :(

I plan on updating the question but we are ok now.

• Thank god, don't ever do that again cuz it sounds like she doesn't like it!! lol glad its all good now...

• i won't

• That was really stupid. Why would u want to hurt her like that as a joke? All u can so is explain that u know it was dum and unfair but u need her to forgive u. She might b upset at the fact that u found her pain funny. Ur a but of a jerk for that. Sorry :( do something really special for her.

• i have no idea. just wait it out and see... hope it work out tho :)

• i hope so too, thanks

• Just give her time and don't do it again.

• well she is currently at my house now and not even talking to me at all, just ignoring me.

What Guys Said 11

• Talk about bad taste. Give her a day or two minimum to cool off. Then go to her with a gift: bling if you can afford it of a huge bouquet of red roses if you can't. If she happens to hate roses, pick her favorite flower. Literally get down on one knee and BEG for her forgiveness. Fidelity is ENORMOUS to women, as you have so gallantly discovered.

You get the Dumb Ass of the Year Award for that idiotic stunt.

• Hey sorry i forgot to make an update but it's resolve now. thanks for commenting though. I have a special day planned for the both of us and she agree to pay me fore most of my phone since she smashed it. I won't do this thing again. i can agree i was an idiot for even thinking about this prank

• Congrats on getting back together.

• What on earth possessed you to think that this was a good idea? This has to be one of the dumbest ideas/pranks I have ever heard. Hmm I want to do a prank that will make me and my girlfriend laugh after it is over... Oh I got it I'll make her think I cheated on her and make her sad best prank ever!! Come on now.

You are going to have to wait to see what your girlfriend decides to do. It's basically her decision now and you are going to have to show that you are truly sorry for hurting her as badly as you did. It is going to take time for her to get over this if she does decide to forgive you.

• This just reaffirmed my reasons for never feeling sorry for those who play these stupid "pranks" of their significant others, only for it to backfire.

Do you want to know what your girlfriend is most likely thinking? "What if this isn't a prank? What if he's actually cheating on me but pulling this 'prank' so I would just disregard it as a joke and not realize that he's actually cheating?"

You fucked up, man. You better hope she doesn't drop you after this.

• I agree with you on this one. That was the first thought that went through my head. The prank is cover up for actually cheating.

• Things are resolved now between us. i was dumb to think of it.

• damn, how expensive was your phone that she smashed?

• Samsung galaxy s6. i pre paid it about $600.

• well i would never go to the point of smashing a phone. Ok let's say i did. i would give her $500 for it in all honesty

• lso if she pulled the prank on me i would be pissed off but get over it after 2 hours since i know its fake

• Since you don't have a phone, you're fucked. You might just have to wait it out buddy. She'll get over it; they always do. Then make her pay for the phone. Men need to stop allowing their women to act irrationally just because they have no control over their emotions. That was a foul prank though man... good thing you did this while you were young. Don't try something this past your 20s...

• well idc about my phone now, i care about her. I don't know if i will make her pay for my phone, it's $600 and I don't know if she has the money. But i will never pull this prank again

• I went to her house tonight and things are better now

• Good man.

• Find a new girlfriend, she's emotionally unstable

• Hey sorry i forgot to make an update but it's resolve now. thanks for commenting though. I have a special day planned for the both of us and she agree to pay me fore most of my phone since she smashed it. No no i love her. she is fine aha

• Question, why the hell would you do this? Seriously?

• Why... why would a prank like that be a good idea? Ever?

• I got news for you OP. Your phone isn't the only thing she smashed that night.

• Sounds like a youtube prank i watch that came out couple days ago. U sure u did this,?

• yes i did and i was inspired off of youtube lol. It's resolve now. thanks for commenting though. I have a special day planned for the both of us and she agree to pay me fore most of my phone since she smashed it.

• She's tough to convince. For the last time tell her that “It was just a prank, believe it or not.”

• Good. Have a fun day.