Why Australians have sun-baked skin more often than Americans or British?

Have u ever noticed?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• Because we are in the sun a lot more x

• Because Australia vs. Great Britain silly. How many sunny days do you even get there? S for the US it varies drastically hello Miami!

• No. It's mainly the guys who look haggety. 😂 but its due to alcohol and lots of drugs.

• I think they go out more...

• Beaches to chill on

• Could be the weather & more sunshine.

• Due to the tropics.

What Guys Said 7

• Well there is a lot more open space and in general more to do outside then there is here so more opportunity and emphasis to go outside. And it is generally more sunny year round as opposed to here.

I mean all that you can really do here is horse back riding, farm/yard work and fishing/mudding that's about it, unless you live on the coast, but that is not the case with me.

• I am from Ireland what is this sun you talk of - I hear it mentioned on the site a lot but not sure what it is?

• I'd think because of the climate... quite warm and sunny for a large portion of the year.
    Did you compare to Americans in general? I'd guess people from the Southern States would have a darker skin as well?

• yeah i was talkin about americans generally

• They're way more outdoorsy than Americans and the British.

• Australia is close to the sun on their side of the world and they're out in it lots because of it. b

• Probably because the sun beats down on them mercilessly.

• Yeah i noticed that. It prolly just hotter there