Have you ever successfully changed someone's religious/political/philosophical views?

Was it a gf/bf? Friends? Family? Random strangers? What were the circumcstances?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never tried. I feel that trying to change someone's religious, political, and philosophical views is arrogant and inappropriate. I don't think anyone has a right or place to proclaim what another's religious, political, and philosophical views should be.

Most Helpful Guy

• All the time. I believe that rational open communications can shift opinion. As long as BOTH parties have open minds and are willing to learn, otherwise it's just an argument trying to prove that you are the loudest in the room.

What Girls Said 1

• yes, I got a few people to change from being atheists,

What Guys Said 4

• I don't know about that but internet atheists made me into a radical Christian.

• Nope. Don't really care about changing minds.

Guilt, however, will change hearts.

• I can easily change a woman's position mostly because women are less interested in politics.

• Yes, I changed a coworker's philosophy about the nature of humanity's place in the universe in a very general way.