Atheists/agnostics, do you believe that you have a soul?

• Yes, I do believe I have a soul
  • No, I don't believe that souls exist
  • I"m not an atheist/agnostic

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe in the possibility of continuation of life.

Some theorizes that consciousness is actually the only thing that exist. The fabric of existence that appears to be many but are actually the same. Similar to drops of water that together forms an entire ocean. Where does one drop end and where does the ocean begin in an infinite ocean?

The only thing different from every drop is perspective. Where every perspective brings an unique experience. The life as a human is one perspective, the life of a tree is another. The death is change of perspective.

Our personality is not who and what we are. It's who we think we are, or who we choose to be in this moment, consciously or not. It will likely not live on.

Another idea is that what we call physical life is actually a reflection of existence itself. Similar to that a knife can't cut itself, or a scale can't weigh itself, or your eye can't see itself so can't existence. You need a mirror for your eye to be able to see itself.

Life itself is the mirror for existence. And since existence is infinite, it also need infinite amount of "mirrors".

This makes life and existence the same thing, but appears different and separated. The purpose of life itself being for existence to be able to experience itself. This also makes "you" and this "thing" the same. Because there is nothing else. There is no place to go to when you die because there is no other place to go. All that is is "here".

Maybe this is true. Maybe it's not. It's 2 in the morning here and time for coffee.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think I'd refer to it as a soul, but rather energy. Everyone has a different energy surrounding them, you can feel it. It is scientific law that energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transformed. That's also why I still believe in "ghosts" though I do not believe in any god or the concepts of heaven and hell. I can sometimes still feel the energies of people I know to be dead. I've seen them move doors and make electronics go off. My own observations give me too much evidence of their presence to deny their existence.

What Guys Said 12

• I'm atheist, And, Honestly, I dont have a fucking clue.

I like to question this sort of thing, I mean, One way i like to look at is, The body is just a carcass you know? just a mess of cells and stuff, But, Our mind is what is us, our self conciousness. (What you would call a soul).

I mean, I don't know if i would call it a soul, but, i do think we have a certain something to us, the sparkle of life ya know?

Eh, I dont know my friend, Chances are we will never know.

• Yes I am agnostic and I believe I have a soul. Something unique that makes it me the person I am which was probably created by my own mind.

• No, I don't think I have a soul. But I do have a conscience.

• I'm agnostic and i Believe i do, i mean, a soul is essentially what makes up a persons characteristics and personality, also apparently to do with emotional states too (who knew)

• I know I do.

• I believe that people have a conscious, but Is not separate from the body and is just created by the brain.

• I don't Tee Hee ^_O

• No I don't. We live, then we die. There is nothing else there. Animals don't think about God and afterlife and all that. We are just another animal on this planet

• Whatever is on the other side must be good. Otherwise, someone would have found a way out already.

• No, I do not.

• Atheists could, technically, believe in some level of spirituality, just without the concept of a supreme being, but not usually, as there really isn't any evidence for that either.

Anyway, one could certainly believe bin a collective of souls without a god being part of the equation. I doubt such a person would identify as atheist however, opting to choose terms such as "spiritual" instead.

• If you mean will my consciousness continue after I die, no, I don't think that likely at all.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah, I think so. I may not be religious, but I do believe in reincarnation, therefore I do believe in souls, that my soul will live on.

• I neither know nor do I care about the existence of a soul. It doesn't really affect my daily life, thus, I don't worry over mych about it.

• No, I don't think so.