Do YOU actually learn from your mistakes?

People, do you actually learn from your mistakes?
I'd like to say that I do, but the truth is, I often catch myself making the same mistakes in life over and over again, I'm not sure why that is. I wish I would actually learn from them and make each mistake only once, but it's not quite the case. Sometimes I just wanna slap myself. 😣

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, certain mistakes, I've learned from them and they taught me some invaluable values. But some, I feel so stupid because even though I know it's a mistake that I've did before but I'd still do the same mistake again.

What Guys Said 18

• Like you, I wish I could say I do, but tbh I make the same mistakes more than I care to admit.

I don't "slap myself," but I do have moments after realizing what I'm doing where I talk to myself alone like some crazy person. I'll tell myself something like "Stop. Stop, it. Staaahhp. You idiot. You're an idiot. You know it isn't going to work out like you hope, and yet you insist on it?"

Ehh so it's basically a mental slap with a slight hint of pessimism.

• You have to be aware of why you made the mistakes and understand how you can stop yourself from repeating them
    Some people never learn...
    Some only need to make the mistake once
    But I know one thing, I don't regret any mistakes I have ever made because I am happy with the man I am today 😄

• I used to make a lot of the same mistakes and I saw it was hurting me - I have changed for the better except I think I have gone too far the other way in making sure I don't fall into same traps again.

• Sometimes and other times I could honestly care less, I guess it depends on the mistake itself and whether or not it holds any real value as a learning experience to begin with.

• Yeah i learned from mistakes i made in my first relationship
    never repeat the same thing over again cause it's not worth it
    and i won't cause i was really lucky,

• Good for you! I wish I could learn from my mistakes.

• Thank you :)
      Well, me and my ex girlfriend went through harassment
      charges together i ended the harassment and it
      nearly cost me jail time so no more harassment
      with any women i learned it's not worth going to
      the magistrates and being threaten by this magistrate
      ( court judge) to put me in jail he left me off the hook
      wow was i lucky ,

• I do.

I got drunk when I was 15 and puked, haven't drank since.
    I smoked weed and got a bad high off of it, haven't smoked since
    I busted my hand in a fight... never mind, that's a bad example.

• I think I do, I did somewhat relearn empathy to a certain point, after all.

• Yes I do. Often, when I'm in the same or similar situation as I was in when I made the mistake; I realize that event and change my decision to something that is more appropriate

• It depens, you can make a mistake over and over again, you know its wrong but you keep doing it, you can't hepl yourself, its in your nature.

• I tend to learn from my mistakes and don't make the same one twice.

• I definitely do. It's even better to learn from other people's mistakes.

• No i guess I'll never learn😂🙈

• Well yeah. If I get hurt or something doesn't work, I'm not going to do it the same way, I will instead try something different

• i learn but sometimes i just don't care so i do what i want anyway

• What kind of mistakes do you keep repeating?

• Growing is a gradual process, I like to think I learn from them over time.

• you need deeper introspection.

• I not only learn from my own mistakes, I learn from other people's. My three older brothers saved me all kinds of trouble.

• Oh, know that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I learn from other people's mistakes way more than from my own :O

What Girls Said 4

• I think I know after a mistake is made that it may be wrong or not allowed, but I still do it bc my body has a mind of its own, and even when i'm like "I'm not gonna do this" I do it anyway! Like eating in my room, my mom always tells me to stop, never do, been like this for lie 4 years haha. (Not even so bad lol) but I try to eat in the kitchen.

• No. Short term memory.

• Yeah, sure, I learn from most of my mistakes... after like the 10th time I've made them! ._.

• I do a lot of dumb shit... then press the repeat button