How come so many people can't accept that love doesn't exist?

Fair skin, lovely smile, warm gentle smile, such soft feminine skin. All of these trigger chemical reactions within the male body stimulating your brain creating an emotion. Natural instincts kick in and force you to bond a little with her.

Why is it people refuse to see the basic things like that? You are a animal enslaved to your design. You eat, sleep, pee and reproduce just like every animal on earth. You build things not because you are special bt because humans are designed to do it. Man is just another animal controlled by nature doing what it's designed to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry but I call bullshit.
    Love is a real thing. Look at the bond between parents and children. Lovers have a different bond but a bond all the same. It's seeing traits you find attractive and feel compelled towards, things that make you happy. Someone that makes you happy.

You clearly have never been in love and never will allow yourself too. I don't believe the "science and logic" argument - my dad has been a professional scientist his entire life and he had a wife and 5 children. He is a current world leader in 2 scientific subject areas. He's the most intelligent man I know.

You reek of someone wanting an excuse for never being loved, or someone who is autistic and unwilling to admit it. I'm betting the first.

Sorry dude.
    Either carry on with your sheltered life or quit bitching. Simple.

• Also before you argue it, my dad is one of the most generous and giving people I know. He loves me and my siblings completely along with my partner. He has a big heart, and yes it's chemical reactions, but love is a feeling. If you can't see past the brain being told the chemical reaction you need help. Go and tell the same argument to every depressed person, that their pain isn't real because your logical. Let me know how many times you get punched.

• @Hidden_P Before I say what I am going to say: Yes, I am also a bitter man, who couldn't give a shit blah blah, and love must exist because I live in the opposite spectrum. But what I think Aeon is getting at is the following: Love does exist, so does hate. Its a bunch of physiological reactions that culminates in certain emotional feelings, and the context of the environment activates the physiological triggers. We define the nice ones as love, joy, happiness, and the bad ones, anxiety, hate, anger etc. That's a no brainer. Its real, and it exists. But why these things exist beyond that, is where it gets fun. Love as some force from heaven, or something that is "special" or "transcending the animal kingdom" is a load of bullshit. THAT is a belief. That is Disney. Reality: We are evolved apes that need to screw in order to survive. "Love" is the term given to the biological reaction that makes this happen. The only difference is that because we can articulate and manipulate the...

• ... the environment and what we think, we can choose all sorts of "love" types and are not bound to the mechanical processes that animals are bound to. So do I believe in love? yes. But as a biological process like hunger or thirst. Not some beautiful force that is written about in poetry or romcomms or shit like that. Whether your genius dad is married, loving, whatever, it still boils down to this. If he thinks otherwise, that means he has CHOSEN to believe in a god or something beyond us humans.

That's the truth. Sorry, but guys like me and Steven Hawking were not loved or couldn't give love, but it doesn't make us wrong. It always reminds me of this adage: "By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher" Socrates

lol... Nice/shy/ugly guys don't get any girl, and yes, we dwell on these things.

Most Helpful Guy

• If humans are just enslaved to their own design, then why would humans put themselves in harms way to save another person. Natural instinct it to help yourself, that is the natural reaction by your body. If love isn't real and it's just a bunch of chemical reactions in your brain, than shouldn't your brain, in trying to save itself overrun your emotional attachment to anyone else in order to save itself? But that obviously isn't always the case. If you look at other animals, nothing is more important to them than survival. They will not try to save their own young if it means they will die. But humans are different. And that is why love is real.

What Girls Said 3

• You're destined for an extremely unfulfilling life with this mentality.

• Being a man of science is a bad thing now? The world is mad because people refuse science and logic.

• You think that all there is to life is eating, sleeping, reproducing and excreting. Science and logic only goes so far to explain why we do certain things. We live in a developed world, created by intelligent beings. Humans are not just any old animal, we feel and express emotion and can communicate. Who says that someone cannot love?

• Sorry, meant to upvote.

• What if one of the things nature designed us to do is love each other?
    The reason we refuse to stop believing in love is because we've felt it. No amount of your telling us it doesn't exist makes us give up on our own direct experience.

• It would be a sad, sad world without love. You sound sad and misguided yourself..

What Guys Said 9

• Someone is bitter. Glad it's not me

• I pick the real world instead of fantasy like 90% of humanity.

• Oh here we go another user who throws around incorrect statistics and thinks they have the secret to life figured out.

• What you say IS true... but so fucking what? I can accept the fact that it's all chemical reactions while still believing that it's 'magical' so to speak. Why? Because life's short and I ain't gonna waste time being bitterly 'real' and make myself feel like shit.

• I would agree with you as far as to say we're not *that* removed from animals as most like to think, but... did you just say that a thing, *some* of who's constituant parts you listed, doesn't exist? You may as well have said that engine's don't exist because gas is just exploding in a chamber, which pushes pistons round 'n round... Ya... that's an over-simplified version of *some* of what the thing is that you're saying doesn't exist... 😄

• Have you see Friday's? I'm in love then.

• WHAT IS LOVE!!!

• Love does exist. You just got to find a girl that is going somewhere. My future wife is probably in Yale, Princeton or Duke. she's probably some CEO's daughter. What ever you do , don't get a girl that is going nowhere in life.

• love does exist fam, yo just gotta find the right one yh you get me fam?

• Its a bunch of chemical reactions. I want to get drunk off these chemicals.

• Sounds like you need to get drunk.