Should it be ok for guys to marry mutliple women and for a women to marry multiple men?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because it's just making a mockery of the idea of marriage. You pick one person you want to commit to and be loyal to. If you want multiple partners, then each to their own, but marriage is corrupted enough without be able to marry multiple people.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see why it should be illegal, as long as all people included agree to that, then it should be ok.
    I don't see a purpose to why someone would do that, but hey, it's not my life, and I don't think it would hurt us if people marry more than one person.
    I personally would never do that though, I just want one woman, no more.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't really see what purpose that would serve. It would make inheritance cases impossible and imagine the custody battles that would ensue. Terrible idea.

• yes, if its between consensual adults why not. I know lgbt and non lgbt couples on poly relationships. Polymarriage will undoubtedly pass soon.

• Why would anyone want that sort of punishment?

• Yes, as long as everyone consents to it.

• no. then there is no point in marriage.

• If they can make it work then why not but I don't think it will be easy at least one in the relationship will be more likely to be unhappy.

• Jealousy will be high.

• No.

I only want one man.

What Guys Said 11

• I don't care as long as they all consent to it. I imagine it would be a nightmare from a legal standpoint to implement though.

• If only a few people do it then it's no big deal however if a significant amount of people do it then there will be lots of guys with no mate.

• If both men and women can have multiple parters that would mean that any of your wifes could also have other husbands? So your wifes can then also have children with any of their other husbands. Sounds very complicated.

• If they want to

• No. While that's certainly much fairer to women than only allowing men to be polygamous, it's still morally wrong. Also, it could easily create an endless "spouse chain."

• If thats what they want why shouldn't it be legal

• No. That is a recipe for jealousy. While i can understand if this is a religous thing, but its not fair to any party involved

• Lol pretty sure that's what people do in open relationships or cheating minus the marriage. I prefer to only be married to one woman. Rather have one woman leave with half my shit than more than two.

• We should just get rid of marriage all together

• I don't have an interest in marrying only one woman. So, yes, I would be interested in polyamory.

• As long as they all consent, sure.

If two men can get married, why can't polygamy be legalised?