Girls, what would you think if the guy you liked was joining the army?

Almost every girl that I liked denied me becuase i'm joining the army, i'm sorry but its a life long dream of mine.

In two years I'm joining I'm about to turn 15.

20

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 19

• If they left because of this then none of them was the One ;) I will never leave my man even if he goes to the other galaxy :)

• Being the girlfriend to a guy in the army is a big commitment. You will be gone for a long time due to training and deployment. Also, there is always the chance that you are put in an area that there is fighting and you die. A young girl will have a hard time wrapping her brain around this and being okay with it when there are other boys that aren't choosing that path. Be patient. You don't want just any girl, you want the one who is ready for all of that and will support you through your years in service and be there when you come home. :-)

• Well they are stupid. I'm a military brat and I think one of the bravest and most attractive thing a. guy can go is join the military

• I think he is committing to the welfare and protection of our country. That's a big responsability that'll require most of his time and strength. I'd be reluctant because if we're thinking marriage, a family also needs time to bond with each other. Being gone there is a void you cannot replace but with your presence and love. Also, depending what your job is or where you are stationed, I'd be afraid I'd never see you again. And I don't know if I could recover from something like that.

I truly admire military wives. Behind a strong man, there is a strong woman.

• Um, well, I like this guy and he wants to join the army and so do I I would say to him "Well, I am coming with you." He would obviously say no to me and give me a whole lecture on how I can't go with him. I have wanted to go into the army before I met him though I do also have other dream jobs then when he says no I will insist on it and if he says that there is no way we could surely stay together I would ask him if he would marry me. I wouldn't mind him going into the army. Also, if it was going to effect him on the field I wouldn't go cause I want him alive.

• i think for the girls they don't want to go through that process of not being able to talk to you or see you that often and they probably don't want to get the emotionally invested with someone thats about to join the army or that has orders to leave to go somewhere else for a while. Me personally both of my parents are in the military and they've missed important times in my life that i obviously can't get back, and i don't want my future children to go through what i had to. You'll find someone that is just dreaming to find a military man, but your 14 and you have a ways to go before you can join.

• Some girls are into that, but not this one. I'm against systemic institutionalized violence.

• So these aren't the right girl for you. Meet a girl once you're in the army and you'll know she accepts you, career dream and all.

• I think it's definitely risky but I feel it makes a man more attractive because for one he is brave two the military moves you around a lot so you'll see a lot which is interesting. Maybe I feel that way because my family is a military family ha

• My boyfriend is joining the Air Force. I understand why she has a problem with it. Military relationships are hell. Don't rearrange your life for a girl. You'll find someone that supports your dreams. Don't worry, you're still young

• If I really liked him I would stay with him

• Honestly I thing that's a great thing and your girlfriend should be very proud

• Well in Finland it's compulsory for men to join the army, so we girls just have to accept it 😂

• your joing the army at 14?

• I kinda agree with them. I meant im a loser for guys in military uniform but i dont think they can provide me with the lifestyle i have now. So def guys in the military are def a no go for me

• Some girls will be fine with it and others may not be.
    Girls your age are also very young and probably don't really understand what it's like to take someone in the military so it may scare them.

• Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    If I was from a movie...

• Honestly I swore to look the other way when I saw guys in uniform. That's stopped my first year of college. I didn't know he was army until after we got really close. And he confessed some things to me and I told him all my secrets. We like each other. But he's overseas and he doesn't want me to wait for him. But then he asked me out and I said yes. Crazy shit I swore never a guy in uniform. I love him very much no matter what. I told him I'd wait, he always says he'd understand if I found someone here. I told him that's not gonna happen I know what I signed up for, I told him I rather wait a year or two to spend an amazing number of weeks, days, hours. I appreciate love more because of him.

• I would not like that.