Girls, Would I take this as an insult if a girl says I don't look like a 4th year student?

Basically, she asked me what year I was and I said I was 4th and she was like oh you don't look like a senior?

9

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I wouldn't really like it. People used to think I was a lot younger because of my height (I'm 5'1 / 155 cm). When I was around 12/13 (before I started developing hahaha) a random lady in a store thought I was 8. I wasn't really thrilled to hear that but now I look back at it, I don't really care anymore. Now I'm 16 and people tend to think I'm a lot older than my actual age. There was this customer at work who thought I was my bosses girlfriend. And my boss is like 27.. I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult but I don't care anymore. I know how old I really am and what other people think doesn't really bother me.

What Girls Said 8

• It depends on how it was said :) if it is said while joking then no it means probably nothing but if you were dead serious and they came up with it then yes maybe they referre to your way of thinking (too old or too young) or things like that

• I don't know, would you? Or did you mean "should?" It depends on whether she was just giving her honest opinion or if she was trying to be insulting. Personally, I'd just take it with a grain of salt.

• How is that insulting in the slightest? She's saying you don't look old.

• You could take it either way. You could be happy you look younger, or maybe not as tall? Or you could not like looking younger. It really depends

• No, why? Who cares.
    A lot of people look younger than they really are.
    Don't take it as an insult.

• Aren't you supposed to take that as a compliment?

• well shee said you looked younger. You could take it as an insult but really what difference would it make.

• Don't take it as an insult