Have you ever noticed how people without faith in God suffer from depression?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think depression is something by believe or lack of believe for sure having faith always helps but not all Muslims are saints neither do Christians or other relgions

What Guys Said 23

• I'm atheist, not depressed. I know depressed Christians and Muslims.

• Faith and depression are not causal in any way whatsoever.
    I have no faith and I am not depressed, and you only need one example to show that you are wrong when you think that people without faith suffer from depression.
    So no, I haven't noticed because it is not a thing.

• No but I have noticed that people who go to church every Sunday and praise/preach/force him down other people's throats tend to be the biggest hypocrites known to man and they're always pedophiles, Fornicators, Adulterers/Adulteress, etc

• I don't believe in any god (s) and I'm just fine. No depression here.
    But EVEN IF that was the case, connecting the two things constitutes a logical fallacy because you have no way to know if there's any kind of causal relationship. So, in other words: lame argument to believe.

• Well, I have noticed that many atheists are like that, yes. But, that's not because of atheism, but because of the false moral code of altruism and the false metaphysics of non-reality. Most atheists are in effect Godless Christians. Notice how religious people place so much emphasis on Heaven. The Godless Christians, who most atheists are, have no such comfort blanket.

I am an atheist, like an increasing number of people. However, unlike almost everyone religious or non-religious, I utterly reject the prevailing metaphysics and ethics. I am the most contented and emotionally secure person whom I personally know.

• I don't keep my faith in God and I am NOT depressed.

• Ummm, I do not has any belief in God and I have never suffered from Depression

You are drawing a real long bow with this poser

• The reason I used to be depressed was because of atheists/feminists/gays/liberals/etc. Now that I have Jesus I am not worried about those assholes though. He has taken away all my stress and worries and I am free to enjoy my life now..

• Many people will have periods in their life with problems, having faith doesn't change that. Having faith will make it maybe different how we cope with it.

• Are you suggesting that people who do have faith in God don't suffer with depression?

• Quite the opposite, actually. In the relogeon I was brought up in, once all the dewey-eyed preconceptions about how wonderful life is in the heavenly grace of God start falling through... antidepressants and therapy become a *must*...

• Yeah but it's not the best way to put it, but yes I did notice.

Truth is people who don't put their trust in god are mostly practical and sensitive and hate the drama either teen or adult which ever it may be and may not react as the other people expect them to be, which will bring many misunderstandings and liable to fall in depression, they can't mingle with others perfectly.
    Other reasons people who believe in god will always try to humiliate those who don't

• Um I want you to go on Youtube and post, "I believe in Jesus." on any video and read all the angry atheist comments.

• You see you proved my point by spamming me

• Some people do and some don't even with god you still suffer from it sometimes.

• Maybe they do because they dont lie to themselves?

• faith is antidepressant? yep. if you have a hope it pretty much is.

• Nope never noticed that

• yeah i noticed.

• That's unsubstantiated Bullshit.

• Calm your milky tits.

• No never take any notice of anyone else

• Not really, but even if it's true what does that have to do with anything?

Statistically, more intelligent people tend to report more depression, anxiety, alienation, angst, addiction, lots of negative things. So then is it better to be stupid? Also countries with higher average IQs report higher levels of atheism. Care to explain why there is a correlation between being stupid and faith in god? So a more accurate way to phrase it is...

"Have you ever noticed how people with faith in god suffer from naivety?"

• now that u mention it yes i saw

• its true. desperation comes with the lack of faith... .

• Ignorance is bliss.

The smarter you are the less likely you are to be happy.

Just imagine how twisted and miserable god must be...

What Girls Said 15

• 4|2
  • Nope, but I have noticed that a lot of religious people seem to think that not having faith in God is the cause of all the problems in the world as if diseases and illnesses including mental don't exist on their own. If that were the case we wouldn't need doctors, psychologists, therapists, medication. We can just go to church and be healed by the pastor when he lays his healing hands on us and then poof depression be gone. Depression has nothing has nothing to do with having faith in God or not. There are plenty of people relying on their faith to help them get through their depression.

• I am religious but I don't think depression has anything to do with being religious.
    :)

It may still happen when you have faith in God.

• That's not true. Even the extreme who act very devoted are plagued with emotional demons.

• That is a wild statement. Please provide academic evidence of this. I want a 1000 word essay on my desk by tomorrow morning. Academic sources only please - no blogs, news articles or personal anecdotes will me accepted.

• Uhhh humm... That's actually a lie. I love God. I'm a Jesus freak and I believe in him with all of my heart. The thing is I've had depression since I was 13, it was passed down genetically and just bad crap was always happening. Depression is something that can't be fully cured buuuut God can give you peace and comfort, always. However, people still battle with that everyday whether they believe in God or not.

• Nope, never really noticed much of a pattern there. If anything, more of the depressed people I know seem to be religious. I don't have faith in any God or gods and I'm one of the happiest people I know :)

• Oh, trust me, not believing in a god is NOT the cause of my depression.

• I am not depressed, I am extremely happy and upbeat and I don't have a God. :-)

• That doesn't surprise me

• No I haven't.

• Ignore anyone who disagrees with you, someone without faith is too ignorant to understand.

• Are you serious?

• Most girls your age think they're oh so cool and smart because they're friends with gay people and wear hoodies in the middle of July and mutilate their faces with all these rings and shit in order to rebel against their parents and grandparents. They're a bunch of foolish hypocrites and shall reap what they sow.

• Most girls my age have a lack of brain cells and high levels of ignorance. I don't expect them to understand or comprehend religion in any way, so I'll just leave them with this.
      I hope that maybe I can at least change some peoples views on things, even though it's unlikely.

• Im a christian but i have serious depression and anxiety.

• well anyone can be depressed

but yea there is a sense of being kinda lost that is deep down, most people just numb it with w/e
    but it's always there... some feel it and dont know what exactly they are feeling

• I was bullied at church and leaving the church made me so much happier I find religious people are more judgmental and easily turn on people so I am much happier out of that situation.

• We should write a book together, or something 😊

• hahaha I don't want death threats over my head!