When you buy a new album do you also listen to it nonstop for days?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. I listen to it nonstop until I get bored of it.

And then quit listening to it for a while. :p

What Guys Said 5

• No, I actually have to get used to new music. Even if I think an album is really good (good enough to buy it), I never like it enough to listen a lot to it from the beginning. I tend to be very sceptical of music I don't know yet. So I would go home and listen to it just once. Then put it aside and wait a week or two. Then force myself to listen to it again. Then put it aside again for a week or two. Every time I listen to it, I start liking it more and it grows closer to my heart ;-). It usually takes me around 10 times of listening to an album until I really love it. For example I've bought a couple of albums last summer (a year ago) and jus now I'm starting to really love some of them.

• intresting your way of getting used to new music

• No even if it's a band I love I generally sample new tracks here and there over several weeks. I'm doing this now in fact with Martin Gore's new solo album MG. First track was killer--I've played it 15 times--but the others I've heard, not so much. That said I'm only about a quarter way through the album.

An hour is too long an investment for me to sit and listen to new music. At least at this stage in my life. So I take it on an ad-hoc basis. :)

• I stopped buying music ages ago.

• I used do it when I was younger - I say it is about 20 years since I bought an album

• Now you download them?

• No I haven't got a new album for about 20 years - Just listen to radio and watching music television

• If it is good then yeah probably ^^