If my girlfriend gets an abortion, will the baby go to heaven or hell?

Does an aborted baby go to hell? It wouldn't be baptised.

• It will go to hell.
  • It will go to heaven.
  • I'm an infidel/agnostic/atheist/pagan.
  • See answers

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no hell, no heaven, thus any answer including these is void.
    The only hells are on Earth, when there are wars, famines, genocides.

• According to older Christian theories, unbaptized babies would go to the purgatory. But the Vatican decided there's no purgatory.

• they end up in a gay club, with most of the clergy as patrons and employees

• I had forgotten that the nursery of the purgatory was named 'limbo' when the church still believed in it.

What Girls Said 9

• All babies go to heaven because they are too young to make the choice to sin. They are innocent. I can't recall where in the Bible it talks about children going to heaven, but it does say it.

• Whereas if it's not aborted it might go to hell?

• So we would be selfish to keep it then because it might go to hell if we do that?

• It talks about it in the account of David and Bathsheba when their baby died; David cleaned himself up after hearing of the baby's death. He makes a statement that while the child was alive there was a chance for his healing, now that he has died I can go to be with him, (after death) is plied. Just one instance of the Biblical text indicating a young child went to Heaven after death.

• All babies go to heaven (including those who are miscarried or aborted). Because they are so young and helpless, they are not held accountable for their salvation.

• So getting an abortion will guarantee it goes to heaven and not hell?

• Well i accept Jesus was a man who was alive around 2000 years ago...

• And I was Christened, but thats as far as my relgious beliefs go im afraid

• infidel LMAO!!!

human knowledge cannot provide the answer u require unfortunately. this is only something that you'll find out on judgement day, or after u die. whatever comes first.

• Do you suspect it would go to heaven? What about a baby that dies shortly after birth?

• again, i couldn't tell you, even if i wanted to guess.
      i'd like to believe that God is just and will deal with things like this accordingly. have faith =]

• An aborted child technically isn't a sentient, conscious being, so it will go to neither. I don't believe in heaven or hell either.

• What about a newborn that dies? Is it sentient enough? Is there an age where death would ensure going to heaven?

• A newborn can't have 'sinned'

• But can it go to heaven?

• An un-baptised baby goes to limbo for all eternity, a state neither in heaven or hell I believe... but that's not an aborted foetus.

• Well, I highly doubt an unborn baby has committed any sins bad enough to be punished eternally.

• So an abortion will ensure it goes to heaven?

• I don't actually believe in heaven or hell so it's purely academic for me.

• Neither do I. I'm just trying to get religious people to accept a pro-abortion argument.

• It's not a human yet, therefore it won't go anywhere.

• That's better than a chance of going to hell surely?

• Hell 4 sure
    Good luck baby 👹

• why would it go to hell if it's done nothing wrong?

• Well I didn't write the rules. So if it's not aborted it might go to hell, but if she aborts we'll be sending it to heaven?

What Guys Said 14

• The lord loves and cherishes children and punishes those that would harm or kill them, the baby will go to heaven, it is to young and helpless to be held accountable for it's own salvation. But aborting the child is still very wrong and there can never be a valid excuse for that in gods eyes.

• Not even if it's done to ensure the baby goes to heaven?

• What I was talking about - you're doing it again.

• O I just wasn't sure what you which one you were referring to at first, not really paying that much attention, since I feel like crap right now lol.

• People are too anal about baptism. The whole idea of it is that you do it when you choose to follow God, but it's nothing but a meaningless feel-good thing for the parents when it's done that young. Way I figure it, even if you believe in it, how can anything like that matter in the eyes of God if the person being baptized didn't choose it for themselves? If God would condemn an infant because no third party took it upon themselves to pour water on its head (with the infant neither understanding nor consenting to the ritual), then what does that say about God?

Anyway, that you used "infidel" in the poll suggests trolling, so none of this really matters. Just my two cents.

• You've never heard a christian describe a non-believer that way?

Do you think that abortion would ensure the baby goes to heaven?

• I've heard a jihadi describe a non-believer that way.

I was raised Christian. I'm dating a woman who was raised Muslim. We both believe that God doesn't care what name you call him, what rituals you perform. God cares what you *do,* and would rather we be out helping our fellow man instead of spending one's entire life in a church, temple, or mosque (and by "helping," I don't mean "converting"). Assuming you aren't just trolling, I'd be curious if that makes us infidels in your world view.

In any case, no, I don't believe that the unborn or unbaptized go to hell. Again, you'd have to ponder the nature of a deity who *would* do that, and whether such a deity would really deserve your praise.

• I would imagine its carcass goes in a Bio-Hazzard/Waste bag

*Like this*
    www.accidental.com.au/.../biohazard-bags.jpg

Where it would then be incinerated and destroyed, Or, The Fetus could be donated to Stem Cell research.

And... Thats the end of that i guess.. That little babies elements and atoms would be floating around the atmosphere.

• 'Babies' don't experiance brain activity until about 6 months into the pregnancy to techniqually it isn't alive.. Hasn't got consiousness... So it'll just be a vessel... So it would go to neither

• You don't need to be conscious to be alive. So are you saying it won't go to heaven?

• @ asker, animals do not go to heaven, they are alive but do not have consciousness (this is legit int he bible). Even from a purely biblical side, they still would not go to either.

• So they would simply cease to be? That's surely better than a chance of going to hell if it's born?

• yeah.. no one can give a legit response to this bro. simply believe what you will.

• ALL babies go to heaven. They are innocents.

• I'm not sure there is a hell. I think there's a good chance we're in hell now and when we're done, it's off to heaven. But all infants, aborted or delivered are innocents.

• Baptism isn't what saves people from hell it is mearly a public announcement that you trust in jesus. Secondly the bible tells of an age of accountability. What that is is that a person who's mental age isn't old enough to comprehend religion or anything serious like that, then they as well are forgiven through christ.

• S abortion will ensure it goes to heaven?

• You mean take away it's chance to go to hell? God want like me doing that but it's good for the baby surely.

• Not taking away its chance to go to hell. Taking away its choice to worship a God that loves it. At the same time you are committing murder, something that is deapisable to God, no matter what the reason, short of defending yourself and your lands. It doesn't matter if the baby goes to heaven, because killing it is still wrong.

• I believe it will go down the toilet.

• You're irreligious?

• I thought atheist means I don't believe in God 'and religion'

• What do you think irreligious means?

• I believe it would Limbo technicality speaking.

• Indefinitely? Could it go to hell from there?

• So would it go to hell or somewhere else?

• Now we are just talking in circles..' it goes to limbo- a place that is neither hell, nor heaven nor earth. It is not happy, it is not sad. You simply are there, like a void.

• Based on my relgion any kid that dies before puberty goes to heaven

• But that doesn't mean her mother or her father would go to heaven

• But in doing so I would be saving it from hell, I would be doing something selfless to help it. I'd be sacrificing my ability to get to heaven to make sure it did. You think that's wrong?

• Yeah that's wrong coz when a kid goes to heaven not like an adult goes to heaven and adult Gets a lot of other things coz he saw sins and didn't do it and what u r doing is completely wrong THE SAME concept as isis

• If it does go to hell then the whole system of "Heaven and Hell" is screwed up and unfair.

• What if it goes to heaven?

• That wasn't the possibility I proposed.

• Which is why I asked... would that be a sign of things being screwed up too, or would you view that as tolerable/good?

• If the Bible is true, than neither, since the child will die and eventually get resurrected on judgement day.

• Neither, since there's no such thing. It just stops existing.

• I see what your doing there. Lol