What are the best ways to learn Japanese?

I have a DS game called "My Japanese coach." What would be other ways that would help you know it sooner?

Most Helpful Guy

• If your serious about learning Japanese, the best way to learn is just to move there if you can. I know it sounds extreme but it is the best way and the only way you will learn it properly. I know several people who moved from Spain to England without know a word of English, and without lessons or anything learned the language through just talking to people and trying to copy what and how they say, eventually you will pick it up. You can only teach a certain amount.

You could get lessons with a tutor like at a local school/college or someone online, like on Skype or something.

People say talk to and get to know more Japanese people, that would only be good if they also did not know any English, and were not learning it as it also stops the temptation of talking to them in English if you don't know what to say and that actually stops your learning.

But like I said earlier, going to Japan and literally living with people who only speak that language is the only true and real way one can learn a foreign language properly.

Most Helpful Girl

• watch dramas and movies with japanese subtitles on

find japanese native speaker friends and meet them often

What Guys Said 3

• What COCOCHANEL said.

But the best way is probably to live amongst
    people who speak it in their everyday lives.

Like that, it'll eventually come to you naturally. ^.^

• @cocochanel may know.

• Honestly? (this isn't a pun) shifting to Japan for a while cause that country doesn't leave you with options but to learn the language for effective survival lol

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly for me it was going to Japan, having japanese friends and living the japanese culture

• I did beforehand learn a little japanese with dictionaries and movies though

• Watch lots of anime with the sub!
    My cousin did and picked up a lot of the phrases, then he had a Japanese coach but he already knew most of what they was teaching him

• There are plenty of YouTube channels on Japanese, you can also get books. That's how I'm learning Korean.

• Go and register to a Japanese learning center.