Do you not call it the walk of shame, when it's your boyfriend?

I was walking home after having spend the night at my boyfriends today. And it was beautiful outside so I took some pics and uploaded them on facebook saying "advantages of doing the walk of shame early in the morning" it was a joke obviously but my boyfriend was rather upset

He called me saying that it's NOT called the walk of shame if it's your boyfriend, because the walk of shame is something sluts do after a one night stand.
So what do you call it when it's your boyfriend you're walking away from?

Most Helpful Guy

• That is what I would call walking home... What more is there to it...

Well it depends really, the walk of shame is generally the walk home after having unplanned sex the morning after, wearing the same clothes you had the night before. Whereas most people would say its just some slut walking home after a one night stand, unfortunately they would be wrong.

Technically, if you had sex, and hadn't planned to have sex that night and were wearing the same clothes walking home than that of which you wore when you got to his the night before, then yes it's the walk of shame.

The walk of shame is generally associated with ""sluts"" and being ashamed of what one has done with, most of the time, a stranger the night before and what have you. It can also apply to guys as well, however for some reason it's 100% cool if a guy did it and it's not shame. By definition, its also a walk of shame.

Anyway, I thought the name walk of shame spoke for it self. Walking away shamefully. Your boyfriend was probably upset as he thought you were ashamed of being with him.

So basically if you had sex with your boyfriend, and hadn't planned it before hand and were wearing the same clothes the day after, that's a walk of shame. However it's not always shameful and it's only typically associated with sluts, although covers a lot of other things, like this, by definition.

Anyway,
    Hope this helps

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm not familiar with this reference but i think he is upset because you are suggesting that having sex with him made you feel ashamed

• it's not that, it's just something people say when walk home in last nights clothes

What Guys Said 7

• I think it is the walk of shame as long as you are not staying together. I always thought it was something funny though other responders are taking a more serious view. I would say it if I was married 50 years and she was working somewhere in a hotel, if I decided to spend night with her on spur of the moment, my journey home in last nights clothes would be a walk of shame LoL.

• If you don't understand how this might could be upsetting then you really should work on your empathy.

The walk of shame phrase is used for casual sexual encounters which you regret later on. You pretty much are saying you regret having spend the night with him. Imagine someone would do that to you.

• I don't think it's about regret really, it's about stereotypes. People use that phrase a lot

• People are not your boyfriend though. So all the justificating and excusing is quite pointless, if you hit him with that as his definition seems to be you being ashamed for having spend a night with him. Once more: Imagine him saying he would be ashamed of having spend a night with you.

• Walk of Shame is for one night stands... you should have said "Stride of Pride" :P

• It is never the walk of shame, whether it’s a ONS and your long term partner.

What’s there to be ashamed about? You just got laid.

• While he's technically correct, he's a little uptight. He's probably concerned that people didn't get the joke, assume you are sleeping around and that not only reflects badly on you but on him for being in a relationship w/a slut (excuse my language)
    If you and he are CLEARLY in a relationship and have been for some time ( with posts and pics of the two of you on Instagram/Facebook/etc. Then he needs to lighten up.

• You look like an idot... walk of shame is feeling ashamed when you do something bad!!! You were disrespectful
    Now go and apologize to him...

• It's not the walk of shame if you're not walking on the street naked with people ringing bells around you (GoT reference)

What Girls Said 2

• yes it is not walk of shame.. it is when you have one night stand or something you regret doing

• How about calling it "going home"?

• Exactly hahaha I don't see why this would need a different name. How do you call it when you come back from your mom's house..."back to reality"?
      xD