What are some reasons why abusive men will beat one woman but not the rest he was also in a relationship with?

I'm the only female to my knowledge that my ex has beat on and hit. I've spoken to a few of his exes and basically he's never hit them. Just like Chris Brown with Rihanna, she's the only woman he has hit. What I want to know is why do abusive men hit one woman but not the others? Even if you're an abusive man or have abused in the past you can answer this anonymously. I just need answers so that I can figure this out.

Most Helpful Girl

• You might be the only one he's hit, but I highly doubt you're the only woman he has abused. Abuse is not just physical - there is also emotional and psychological abuse. All are as equally damaging. In all cases, it is best to remove yourself from the abusive situation as soon as is safe for you.

What Guys Said 4

• were u being abused constantly or he abused u only once?
    if it happened only once then i'd say he ran out of patience when it happened and he started beatin u up... otherwise... he found u much weaker compared wid his other Xs and he thought he could beat u whenever he wanted since he knew he'd always win if u had a fight...

• Same reseon some serial killer have a type you remind him of some one he hates but can bring himself to confront so your the outlet

• I use to be abusive so I will answer this. I just nedd you to respond to know that you are listening.

• No idea.

Why does it matter? He's the past, move on.

What Girls Said 6

• It could be he had a longer cycle of abuse with them or they were lying. Even if he didn't hit the other girls he could have still been abusive in other ways. Chris Brown verbally and emotionally abused his last ex Karrrueche Tran.

The problem is ALWAYS the abuser. It's never the victim's fault. I'm glad you could leave him. ((H))

• This reminds me of the movie Enough. The guy pretended to be the perfect husband and wouldn't show his abusive side until she started challenging him about his infidelity and how he always gets his way... it was only at that moment when he knew words and other way weren't enough that he started using physical force on her.

• If he's your ex it doesn't matter now. He should have been arrested for assault the very first time he hit you.

• By the way cops don't really do any good they get arrested and two hours later they are bailed out and they go to court pay a little fine and what they beat on u again

• We're the exes before or after you? Maybe it was a long time coming and he finally worked his way up to actually hitting you.

• wait... i thought they are abusive in everly relationship o. O
    so weirdd..

• I think it has to do with this because he could over power u for one and two because u probably pushed at something that he didn't like or u reminded him of someone I have seen my mother get beat on buy my father because she smaller than him and would chase him around during fights nagging him and nagging it on so he beat on her I never saw him beat on his second wife and they fought a lot but she was bigger than him and didn't follow him around nagging it on but I have been beaten buy an ex an my current has thrown my across a room before but I'm significantly smaller than them and I get up in their face when I'm angry I have never put a hand on them but they have me now I could be completely wrong but I think it's because they know they can control u

• I would confront him all the time about his flirting. I wouldn't be a bitch but I would ask in a nice way. I was having unprotected sex with this man and we had history I didn't want him cheating on me which later I found out he was! He wanted me to drop it but that waa hard to do especially when he's living with me and I'm providing for him. I always showed him respect but apparently he didn't care.

• Oh that was the main factor for why my ex hit me to but when I went through his phone when he left it one day by mistake I found out he was sleeping with a child yes and well when I confronted him he beat the hell out off me and said it was none of my business but I see what u mean they don't like being confronted with the truth so they take it out on u basically

• Your personality might have something to do with it. Did you feel like you made a lot of sacrifices to make him happy but he didn't really do much for you in return?