Why is everyone so angry on this website?

It always seems like people are looking for a fight, looking to spread hateful opinions, or trying to pit women and men against eachother. People will even take the time to make a second fake account just to throw a fit at someone who blocked them. Do people who do this not realise it's just a stupid website and they can just as easily move on instead of spending all the time and efford to "get back" at someone?
I'm quitting this site because it's devolved from helpful questions and answers, to flame wars and hissy fits.
Is this site now just mostly a place for unstable people with anger issues to let off some steam? Because that's what I am seeing latley. I'm realising that most people on here are angry and immature and there are more positive places I could spend my computer time :) I'l be over on Experience Project trying that site out! And honestly they should just admit the truth and change the name to "girls and guys hate eachother. com".

Most Helpful Guy

• I had my share of the same exact assholes so don't feel bad

• I like your username by the way it's punny

• yeah it sucks people must be really sad in their real lives to take the effort and time to do that stuff.

• Yes i agree with you

Most Helpful Girl

• Because most people are idiots.

What Guys Said 10

• It's because a lot of people are close minded and refuse to see things any way but theirs. I think I might join you.

• I think that most people here are pretty decent but it only takes a few idiots to make a lot of noise.

Also most people who debate are probably not angry with each other, it can be really hard to get the proper tone from online conversations, also who cares if things get heated? I personally love 2 people defending their opinion, helps the reader get a better understanding of the issue.

If this site was nothing but carebears it would be HORRIBLY boring and irrelevant!!

• People are more open to engage in arguments of opposite viewpoints due to the anonymity of the internet. It simply is much easier to write disagreement down than say it to someones face.
    It simply is more unfiltered in the internet.

Other than that there are also obviously trolls and a few hateful persons - but those you should just ignore. They feed on reactions.

• I always ignore them but they are so obsessive that they make new accounts whenever I block them and flood my inbox (which I don't even check anymore) lol

• I guess

• And if you feel it really gets to you emotionally - stay away from the website or do a new account yourself. The advantage of online-bullying is that you simply can leave with ease.

• I never understood why arguments over the internet were or had to be any different than face-to-face ones.

• Aw, I am sorry you feel that way. There are some true idiots out there, but don't let it ruin this for you. There are still some great people who have really insightful views to share, and I'd hate for you to miss them because of some trolls.

• I'm not angry. I'm sarcastic. Vast majority of people on here don't seem to understand that.

• Welcome to the Internet

• Welcome to the internet.

• Are you SERIOUS? No one is ever angry!
    I can't stand your question FUCK THIS!

• It's called "Bitter loser syndrome"! lmao

What Girls Said 2

• Welcome to the internet, my love. Where the broken hearted, jilted and embittered find their tribe and become hateful.

• well I never get in to fights on tumblr, this site seems like shit slinging central. On tumblr it's just like "hey try this book" ..."ohh cool thanks, I like your hair by the way." lol
      Starting to think this site was purposefully designed to be negative and angry.

• fandoms are full or unstable people anyway I like book and study blogs

• To add to @9mfeo genius and succinct answer, this site in particular has a lot of angry people, guys mostly, who are very frustrated in life.

• Not all are like that.