Do you think "acting" as a career would be very difficult?

do you think you would be able to memorize all your lines, paragraphs, Pages? I know when your very passionate about something you can make it work but I think a lot of people have problems memorizing especially if it's too much. I know practise makes perfect. It's also extremely competitive. There's good actors out there that don't get jobs sometimes. At the moment I'm doing sales associate as a job part time. This job is very important to me because I had no luck for one year and before that several years 😕. Extremely difficult to find work but I am planning to practise monologues for acting, and make sure I feel confident enough to post it on YouTube. this way I still would enjoy doing it even if nothing happens. People post videos and try but not everyone will get famous. Would you be able to memorize a lot? Thanks to everyone who answers.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• The daughter of a former co worker graduated from acting school a few years ago and to this day i think she still works as a waiter.

good luck with that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the memory of a gold fish so yes...

What Guys Said 5

• Yes. Most actors are mentally instable, because always being someone else will cause you identity issues.

Source: Been working in a acting school for a while. These people are nuts.

• The only hard part would be getting your foot in the door once you make it though it will be pretty easy and cool

• yh it will be diffcult fam... you get me fam? but good luck

• Memorizing lines no, but I was able to memorize a lot of music for marching band. Why? It's repetitive!

• Yeah, most people can do some bad pretending, most actors can do that but they make it more theatrical. There are still loads of people with talent out there though, loads of broke, unemployed, unheard of, talented actors.

What Girls Said 0