Illegal immigrant, becoming a US citizen, marriage etc.. help?

Ok long story short, i met this guy on an app he's 18 from italy and we've been talking for a while i guess you can say we are boyfriend and girlfriend, but he told me that he wanted to move to the US. He also asked me if i wanted to move in with him once i go to college (depending on what college i go to) and i said yes, but since he doesn't live in the us he has to get a lot of stuff to become a citizen. by the way we have skyped so he's no catfish lol. But i was wondering how long it would take for him to become a citizen and i also hear that if you marry an illigal immagrant that person could live in the us then get all the paper work done is that true if so how old do you have to be to marry an illegal immagrant? I just need some help and advice, what ever you think is something i should know please tell me i need all the help i could get.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am amazed at the ignorance people are displaying when they tell you bullshit and call it fact. "If you marry a non-citizen in the US they will become a citizen." Bullshit. A citizen may file a form I-130 (Immigrant Petition) for a relative, which will get the relative a green card allowing them to live in the United States legally. You then have to live in the United States for five years to apply for citizenship. The following sites will answer your questions:
    www.uscitizenship.info/.../...migrant-petition.jsp
    www.uscis.gov/.../bringing-spouses-live-united-states-permanent-residents
    Please not that if you marry a person only to help them become a citizen, it is a federal felony with prison time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you're probably gonna be his source for a green card. Seeing how he has to fly over here first, he'll have apply for a visa way before he shows up at customs if he's going to live here over the extent of his visa. He could remain un-documented after his Visa expires but I think that takes a little bit of effort to maintain that status. Overall if he knows America history and trivia he can apply for something like dual-citizenship or American citizenship and that's it.

What Guys Said 6

• He can get the green card after five years living in the US, then he needs five more years to become a citizen.
    If he doesn't work or doesn't study, he can't live in the US unless he's married to a US citizen, cause in order to stay legally in the country for more than 90 days he has to be doing something.
    If he stays here illegally he can get deported if he's caught, and he will never be able to become a citizen and most likely won't be able to ever apply for a Visa again. Therefore if you decide to marry him (bad idea though), and he's been illegally livingnin the country, they will know cause they have mo records of him doing something. Plus, you can't just bring a foreigner and marry him cause the people in immigration aren't stupid and they'll know that it's a green card marriage, nothing else.

I'm living in the US with a student Visa and I plan on staying to live forever in America so I've been informed about this stuff.

• That is not true about the marriage part. Since he's from Europe he doesn't have to have a visa. It's third world countries that have to have visas. There is a way for Europeans to become naturalized citizens. The INS website is full of info

• If you marry a non-citizen in the US they will become a citizen. I do not advise you to do this though because there is nothing stopping him from divorcing you and running away after he receives citizenship.

• You get a marriage Visa once he is a US citizen I hear they are very quick about it

• Same shits happening over in england with the middle easterns, most people i see in england dont even speak english!

• All he has to do is get here and stay out of trouble, and he can live here as long as he wants. All that paperwork bullshit is for suckers.

What Girls Said 2

• Why do I have a bad feeling about this. He wants a green card and you are his ticket in. He will get here and then drop you like it was nothing.

• I think if he loves you he can wait you no matter what.
    So you do not need to rush.
    He wants to move to US but there are other ways. Like a school or job etc? He should try them first I think.