How to make the eye white again after crying?

It turns red after crying but what to do when you need to pretend that you were not crying, immediately? How to make sclera white again gah!!!
Any tips or tricks?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• I'm afraid there isn't much you can do. I believe it goes red because of increased blood pressure so maybe trying to reduce your blood pressure to your head would help. Standing up and calming yourself down may help. Splashing your face with cold water can also reduce your heart rate.

• I need to know this as well...

• you can use paint.. or wash it with cold water

• Try Visine eye drops.

• Who made you cry? I will make them pay!

• Aw I hope you're not sad :(
    Wet it with lots if water! Maybe but an icepack on it to calm the swelling and soothe the eye!
    Eye drops?
    Aside from that, sleep I guess? :p

• Just play it off and pretend you got something in your eye.

"ohh I wasn't crying man a bug flew in my eye."

• Clear Eyes or any other eye drops. But, clear eyes claims to "take the red out".

What Guys Said 11

• y bro? hope nothing bad happened to u.

anyway... although i cry very rarely but sometimes i might blow some tears (after watchin some touchin/emotional scene or listenin to some particular songs)... but anyway it fades away after a day or so... i notice u asked this question yesterday... so did it fade away?

• Yeah :) And nothing bad happened to me. It's because of this :- https://youtu.be/aILCkb2berM
      My heroes <3

• ah i'm glad it faded away

watched it... i admit i blow up some tears as well :(

by the way, i'm surprised Xavi's still around... i remember him in those stickers i used to collect as a kid... o_O

• They are just playing promotional football now (where the game is not that popular).
      I hate Real Madrid because they didn't make a good farewell for Casillas :(

Oh really? That's awesome :)

• Run cold water, stick your fingers under the tap, and then gently pat cold water underneath your eyes, where it's all puffy. This cools you down and constricts the blood vessels under your eyes that are causing tattletale swelling.

However, @DanteSparda will be best to tell you :)

• The way to stop it from going too red is to not rub it when you are crying. Don't wipe away the tears or mush your eyes. If you need to get rid of the tears, dab them with a tissue. If you use something rough like a shirt sleeve it will make your eye much redder.

Like 9mfeo said, Visine eye drops are the way to go after. They'll help you with the redness that naturally occurs.

• Not sure? I think it turns white on its own once you've stopped crying. It doesn't happen like that for you?

• Rinse them out with water and blink a lot. It won't make them white again immediately, but it should work in a couple minutes.

• Very simple. Don't cry, that's my method.

• Haha worst case... rush to buy sunglases and sit it out :D

• Eye drops to help hydrate your eyes again

• Don't cry in the first place

• My eyes r always red. I don't know why.

• Visine! It actually works, from memory it's got ephedrine in it which shrinks the blood vessels. I used to use it to keep a fresh look at work.