Do I have to get a new battery?

I accidentally dropped my phone in a bucket of mop water last night. I'm trying to charge my phone, but it keeps saying "battery disconnected." I let it sit out for a few minutes and put it back in and tried to charge my phone but it's saying the same thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• You should of placed your phone in rice as soon as it went into the water , i believe you could have some type of water damage done to the phone and or the battery ,

Most Helpful Girl

• Take out the battery, sim, sd card etc.
    Put the phone and battery in a bowl of uncoked rice. Leave in overnight. It will absorb the moisture

What Guys Said 4

• I think you need a new phone.

But first try taking it apart removing the battery, sim and memory cards and letting it dry out thoroughly. Admittedly this is a long-shot but it just might work.

• Disassemble it and let it stay in a warm place BUT not under the sun - somewhere temperate in your house.

• Your phone is probably fried. I'm surprised it says anything at all.

The battery is probably okay though.

• You've probably shorted out your phone.

• You may need a new phone.

What Girls Said 1

• You can try putting the phone and the battery in rice over night and see if that helps but it may be screwed. If your lucky you may only need a new battery and not a new phone. Does it turn on when plugged in?

• Yes. It works just fine too, the only problem is the charging.

• Take it in and maybe they can fix the port but it kinda sounds like you are going to need a new phone unless you have insurance on it but most insurances don't cover water damage.