Why do white people always say go educate yourself?

instead of saying something that is informative, they say educate yourself.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've not heard of this, let alone it being a "white person" thing. It usually is something something I hear from someone trying to indoctrinate someone else claiming the person they're trying to indoctrinate is "ignorant" over some silly disagreement. I've seen this from religious people, feminists, and vegans. Basically, "accept my beliefs or you are uneducated, regardless of how much credibility you have."

What Girls Said 3

• That's their inner racism shining through
    j/k.

Although that would be the most logical answer to say (I'd be making a huge assumption by saying that).

I have no idea why you notice this with mainly white people,
    all I can say is it's either pure coincidence or something someone says when they have ran out of argument.

• Educate yourself- Black person

• I think this statement applies to all races.

• it should, but I've only heard it from white people. I think its a very degrading statement to say. Let's say a tourist didn't know the norms of America. I wouldn't just go up to them when they break a norm and say educate yourself. I would tell them what they did wrong.

What Guys Said 2

• I did not know that that is something that only white people did. I guess you learn something new every day.

• What do you want them to say? "Oh, I feel horribly guilty about something that my ancestors 200 years ago did to your ancestors 200 years ago, so here's a bunch of free money!"

• lol I have no idea why you bringing history here? No one needs your charity

• I just wanted to illustrate that even Caucasian people experience some of those things that black people think happens only to them. I think the biggest impediment to race relations today is that one political party encourages blacks to view themselves as victims who have been singled out for persecution.

• okay I'm Asian. Yes, I believe the government is made to put races against each other so we are blind to their plans. Like wars for no reason.