Girls, How much has your ego been boosted having guys blow up your inbox every day?

Knowing that all these dudes want to F you and having them consantantly complimenting and throwing themselves at you, so how much has it inflated your ego?

?
..

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally speaking, it doesn't do much if anything for most girls. It's more of a pain in the ass.

See, one of the things guys don't understand is it's not a compliment if it doesn't make you feel good. A surprising percentage of "compliments" or situations that are hard to understand (for guys) can be deciphered by literally putting themselves in that exact same position.

Example:
    A guy approaches you in some public place you normally frequent. He strikes up a conversation with you, and you're pretty sure he wants to have sex with you. Now, notice how I didn't use any gender pronouns there? Yeah, I didn't because it doesn't matter. As either a guy or a girl, are you sexually attracted to this person? No. Does the idea of them putting their penis inside you excite you/do you like that idea? No. Do you care about the fact that he finds you attractive? No, because you really aren't interested in him. Does the fact he's throwing himself at you change your mind about any of the previous statements? No.

Why? Because none of that made you feel good and therefore is not a compliment.

What Girls Said 19

• Not much, cause most of them are creeps. I don't find creeps liking me flattering.

• I ignore all those messages because they normally turn out to be creepy guys that just want to get their rocks off and it has nothing to do with who they're messaging as long as they're females. Secondly I have a husband and that's all the love and validation that I could ever possibly need

• My ego hasn't boosted at all, in fact it's gotten worse since being on the site.
    Also they can't even see me so it's not like they're finding me attractive and they don't know my personality so really there's nothing about me drawing them in. Instead I'm just a random hookup to them.

• That doesn't happen to me here on GAG, but I do have a profile on an online dating site where I receive a fair bit of attention. At first it was flattering that I was being called sexy and pretty all the time, but now it's just annoying and most of the guys messaging me come off as pathetic. But I find that I only feel that way when Im using that dating site, it didn't carry over to me thinking I was the hottest thing the world had to offer in real life.

• Hasn't inflated it at all. All the guys who do that to girls here are creepy.

• Why would some random creeps blowing up my inbox boost my ego. lmao hahahahaha

• Not much because they're not guys I'd want to date.. usually they're just catfishes or old ass men I'm sure. Can a real catch inbox me thou? Lol jk.

• It usually freaks me out. However, it depends on who is saying it, and how genuine it is. If someone calls me pretty, that's not weird. But if someone tells me they want to finger me or something, I feel like I'm being raped from afar. Neither of the 2 types of "compliments" affect my ego in any way though.

• Fuck me? I'm not an object. Why would I enjoy that attention?

• The air of desperateness about it is enough to make me wanna throw up. Does that answer your question?

• it annoys me when anybody sends me flirty messages not here to flirt here to give and receive opinions

• When I was online dating, I was flattered by single messages that took the time to read my profile and respond. I was totally bored with the heap of messages that just said "hey" or "looking good girl"

• It doesn't really boost my ego when guys say "sex chat? :)"...

• well, that doesn't happen because...
    private profile

• none, the internet doesn't mean anything me. especially because we know they are saying the same thing to every other girl on here

• Not at all actually. It's not like I'm the only girl they try to message.

• None. that's why I always mention my husband. so that doesn't happen.

• None! I hate it.

• zero. it means nothing. we get it so much we've become numb to it.