What is better in general: college or university?

In your opinion.

• college
  • Uni

Most Helpful Guy

• Colleges are specialized schools within a University

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what your trying to get out of school.

College is good for saving money and for degrees that don't look very hard at what school you went to. For example nursing, you should go to the most affordable yet good college. Because at the end of the day you'll get a job.

University is important for degrees that look at your past school, and can affect you getting a job. Like being a college professor or a musician. Or if you want to go to school for social environment, than university is the way too go. Not saying college doesn't have a good social environment.

Or you can do both. Like do your bachelor's at a college and your masters at a university.

What Guys Said 10

• Well I think it is a bit different in your country to mine. In my country college refers to high school and university is uni. I have just finished uni, just had my graduation today and am gong out for celebration drinks. :)

• Junior College was great. It wasn't hard like people described. I start University next month. Wish me Luck 😜

• University but college is more geared to a specific skill that can be really useful. I would choose to go to college instead... less time wasted... get to jump straight into a great career

• A college is a school inside a university. You go to The University of Chicago, college of arts.

Right?

• It's not like they are mutually exclusive... Go to a 6th form college, and a decent university.

• University is better.

• University is by far the best option

• University is worth more

• its actually depends on what your going for really, and thats y i can't give a straight answer

• What is the difference?

• One is like a specialized academic post grade school- school, University in the UK is commonly referred to as college in the US.

What Girls Said 3

• It's good to start out at a college and then move on to university. A college will cost you like... 2000 a term. A university will cost you more like 10,000 a term.

It also depends what you want to do. Like if you want your phlebotomy certification there's no use paying extra for it to get if from a university. Whereas if you want an MBA you should def look into a university.

• College for the money
    Learning university
    Doing both

• University of course. Although it is more expensive. So make your degree count :)