Do you agree other races have more dominant genes than the white race?

For example if a white straight hair person with blue eyes has a baby with a full black person the baby always comes out with a darker skin and brown eyes and curly hair (unless the black person has the blue eye gene), the same happens when it's Asian mixed with white the baby comes out with the small eyes. Do you agree?

Forgot to mention the black hair gene

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it's true, blonde hair, red hair, blue eyes etc. are genetically recessive traits.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes.
    The "white gene" as in the gene that inhibits melanin production is a recessive gene that rose out of a mutation that gave it an evolutionary advantage during the Ice Age when the north hemisphere was covered in snow.

Races with genes that has a normal rate of melanin production will override that genetic mutation.

• however with regards to that of the facial features , there is no dominant or recessive. It's just a lottery.

• I know this, but I usually see mixed race kids tha look nothing like their moms

• It's just a lottery.

What Girls Said 2

• no it's not always the case, but is more often than not

• That's not 100% of the time

What Guys Said 8

• The main reason for it is that interracial dating, marriage and children is only something that has really been accepted worldwide recently if this had happened much farther back say centuries ago it wouldn't be as dominant.

You also have to take into account in addition to races but also to separate ethnicity's own dominant and recessive genes and traits for instance welsh jawlines are from my experience very dominant, very strong trait, for my family this comes from my fathers side of the family and for many generations before mine has always been one of the most if not the most dominant trait they have, even when introduced to other races it still is dominant, both my sisters and I have a pretty prominent one.

So as you can see it is a mix of several things it's not as simple as this race's genes are more dominant then this one, it doesn't work like that.

• No, that is incorrect. The blue eye gene is a recessive gene, but then all ethnic groups have dominant and recessive genes. Some genes are a blending hence there being light skinned (of various degrees) of blacks. The dark skin and hair you are speaking of are just the obvious, examples, you would find just as many with light skin and light straight hair, or a combination there of. If this was not the case caucasians would have no traits at all being subsumed by all other ethnic groups, the same would apply to any group.

• Uh, if you mix a glass of chocolate milk with a glass of plain milk it comes out looking like a glass of lighter chocolate milk. If a white person has a baby with a black person, it will have an intermediate level of melanin, but the contrast will make it seem like the black influence is dominant.

Since many black Americans have some white ancestry, sometimes their children will appear closer to white than black.

But in general all these classifications are kind of ridiculous.

• Yes. I agree.

• Well you do have to admit it was rare to find interracial couples with children back then, if the world would have accepted other races at the start of the 20th century it wouldn't be as dominant as it is now

• That makes so much sense people a lot of race would carry other type of genes

• So now race has become a biological fact again instead of a social construct.

• I accept everyone equally, just asking a question here

• Race is a construct based on heritage and a basic list of qualifications in phenotype. Every inidividual has a mixture of dominant and repressive genes, race is not a factor in this.

• Yes scientifically this is correct.