Should we replace the petroleum driven cars with electric cars? I mean should we boycott them to save the non renewable source of energy?

0|0
1|8

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm.. electricity would cost a lot too..

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Most electricity comes from oil or other fossil fuels. The difference is that when electricity is produced at a large scale it's much more efficient.

To answer the question, I don't think it's possible for any significant number of people to boycott petro vehicles. They are just an integral parts of society and that's not going to change for a long time.

On the other hand. If you can afford to own an electric car or hybrid, then go for it. The more people who support it, the sooner it will replace petro. But it's not something that can happen over night.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 7

• And collapse the world economy along with it? Sure, we need to switch over but it has to be a gradual process.

0|1
    0|0
  • No we should engineer new nuclear technology like thorium and implement it slowly into todays society.

0|1
    0|0
  • The electric car industry is the future but there is no way that they could just replace all gas powered cars any time soon. It will still take a lot of scaling up which will be difficult and slow because of the low level of mining that is done for some of the materials needed to make a good battery. It will take a economic paradigm shift before it becomes truly feasible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hydrogen produced from solar energy will eventually be the best pathway away from fossil fuels, but we're years away from that. Plug-in electrics will always be a niche market.

0|1
    0|1
  • Noooo, that would mean no exhaust notes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Or we could actually build shit close together so we don't have to drive 30min/1hr to get anywhere. Walking would work wonders...

0|0
    0|0
  • I would if I could afford it. So until there are enough recharging stations and manufacturers stop selling them for infuckingsane prices - no.

0|0
    0|0