How long will a job posting remain active?

A couple of days ago, I applied for a job. The thing is that the job was posted three months ago. It was on the company's website. Will a job posting remain active until it gets filled or until they take it down (even after it's filled)? I only ask because there's another job site that I look at regularly. The job desciption might say "interested applicants should submit resumes by this date", but the job will remain posted until the ticket expires, even if it's a week or so after the application deadline.

Most Helpful Girl

• They might be looking to replace people if things don't work out with their current personnel but depending on how difficult the job was - they may not have found a suitable person or want more candidates to interview first.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• usually a application remains active sixty to 90 days

• An advertised jobs usually have deadline date, so it will be active until that date is passed