Why cats bury their poo?

This is actually part II of a question I asked a few days ago.

Some people mentioned cats open up a hole and bury their poo there

So y cats do this?

0|0
4|8

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• For cleanliness purposes and for marking their territory.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cats are just very clean people. Ya know?

0|1
    0|0
  • To hide their scent from other hostile animals.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because there parents teach them good manners

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Found this on Google:-
    "Hiding waste is a natural feline instinct , but it's not just because cats are obsessed with cleanliness.
    The act of meticulously burying their waste stems from cats' long history of using urine and feces to mark their territory. Cat poop may all smell the same to us, but cats can tell their waste apart from another's thanks to unique chemical scent markers called pheromones, which are present in their urine and feces.
    In the wild, dominant cats including those of the Panthera genus, such as lions, tigers , leopards and jaguars that are competing for territory often do not bury their excrement as a way of signaling that they want to claim
    a particular area. Smaller, weaker or more submissive wild cats bury their feces as a way of ensuring that dominant cats do not feel challenged."

2|0
    0|0
    • interestin... thanks
      LOL but funny as well... didn't know big cats use their poo to define their teritory LOL

• rlv.zcache.com/...a60e8c1d52d1_adgua_8byvr_324.jpg

Cats can tell their waste apart from others so it's more done to mark their territory.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be a leftover instinct from when they were in the wild. Cats, if I recall correctly, originate from Egypt or somewhere around there (where there's dessert) and the smell of fornication could be spread by the winds over long distances, hence they buried it.

But I just pulled this out of my ass (no pun intended) so I dunno. Just a theory.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do cats do anything? There is no way to tell. They are freaks of nature.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they're cleaner and smarter than dogs

0|0
    0|0
  • this is why felines are superior to canines... bar wolves, they rock..

0|0
    0|0
  • They just want to keep their disgusting stuff away, because they're very clean.

0|0
    0|0