Girls, Was my boyfriend overreacting when he did this?

I criticized my boyfriend's best friend and my boyfriend yelled at me in public and left with my car because he had my key.

• Yes he was overreacting
    94% (61)
  • No he isn't overreacting
    6% (4)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

10

Most Helpful Girl

• While this does seem like a massive overreaction, I suspect you're not telling the actual story and are just looking for sympathy by giving half a truth of the events.

What did you say to said best friend? Were you always on good terms with him? Do you two have a romantic past?

Were you prying? Were you trying to boss around either your boyfriend or his friend?

Did you shout in angry ragr when you were delivering your criticism? Why were you criticising thus guy in the first place?

What your boyfriend did is TOO much of a reaction for what you did. It doesn't make any sense.

So I'm calling bullshit. Big heaping major piles of bullshit.

Tell the full story.

What Girls Said 9

• Wow, so he stranded you and had a temper tantrum like a child? And it's not clear that he overreacted?

• he left with your car? that's too much.

• Yes, he acted like a child.

• what the hell it was ur car
    and that kind of behavior is so uncalled for

• Entirely depends on what you said about his best friend. And how long you have known your boyfriend. If you just started going out and you were rude toward his best buddy who he's known for years, I would say he did not overreact.

• I personally as a girl, get fucking PISSED if my boyfriend insults my girls. like, bitch get out of my life. I apologies later and its all g, but, some people just really love their bro's/hoes.

• Leave him.
    Disrespectful people don't deserve anyone's time.

• Just for criticizing? Yes, that was an over reaction.

• You were wrong
    but he was psychotic
    unless you DO this all the time... like Chinese water torture
    So get off of GAG and get onto shopping for a new replacement

Although this reaction will not go on forever if ever married to him, it will persist long enough to make a poor love foundation of memories