Why are people so fucking mean?

I try to be nice to pretty much everyone on this site! I try my best to give good advice and answer people's questions! But, people feel the sense of power to treat me like shit? what the hell? Has anyone else been treated badly on here?

If you do treat peolle badly... don't. You do not know what is going on in their lives and something you say could be a trigger to them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm really sorry you are feeling like that. No one needs to be disrespecting other users on this site. If you are having those issues on here contact the admins. If you ever need someone to talk to my inbox is always open.

Most Helpful Girl

• haters gonna hate love!

What Guys Said 14

• Because that is where the majority of the population is at.
    http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/images/normal_dist.gif

• 1) We live in an autonomous society. People want validation for something, but they're not getting it. So they lash out.

2) People believe something very deeply, but they don't know why. Therefore, they don't know how to defend it logically and reasonably.

3) Some people are so convinced that they're right about something that they can't conceive of someone not only disagreeing with them, but having sounds and logical reasons for it. They think it should be perfectly obvious that what they think is right and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

4) I don't know why, but some people aren't interested in having reasonable discussions. They just want to be offensive. As Alfred said in The Dark Knight, "Some men just want to watch the world burn."

That's my take on it at least.

• Lol most people on this site think disagreeing with them is being violent and aggressive. This site is basically tumblr but in question/answer format, and it's actually sad seeing all the 20 something year olds crying about their feelings being hurt when theyve asked extremely entitled questions.

What exactly was said to you that was mean, and what did you to do bring it on? Nothing isn't an acceptable answer, since it takes two.

• Life is hard, people can be mean, the internet makes people be more unfiltered and thus rude. Also water is wet and the sky is blue.

• The fact that you say "trigger" shows that you're ridiculously sensitive. Only weak people rely on stuff like "trigger warnings" and all that.

• These people are the definition of weak though or else they wouldn't have mental issues?

• And the asshole comment about people who are suicidal and have eating disorders, etc was removed when I replied to it. Damn. Haha

• This site have been consuming your positive energy, and you even dragging the f word out of the dark side now, it's changing you, but the choice still in your hand.
    you know the difference between a good person and a real good person.
    the dark could devour a good person and convert them into a villain
    on the flipside , a real good person has a strong mind that could bounce off any negatives still stick to being theirselves. i'm not one of this people myself, but i really hope you're.

• Don't try to be nice to people on the internet. People have a tendency to be dicks behind a computer monitor. They prey on the nice, thoughtful people. Its best to get a thick skin on a site like this or any internet forum for that matter. Don't let people bully you. If they shit on you, shit on them.

• I'm nice to everyone. Sorry you had to deal with that, not cool, just ignore them! Surround yourself with positive feedback, the ones that give negative comments are normally the same ones who do it to everyone.

• I haven't been really targetted, or harassed, really. I mean, some criticizing opinions have been shared, but there hasn't been much hostility.

• Because people are bored and have got nothing better to do. What else am I supposed to do at quarter to 3 in the morning when I can't sleep and see a more than slightly retarded question, not answer sarcastically? What kind of monster are you?

• Dealing with the mean is exactly like cleaning the shit off your ass, just wipe it clean and forget all about it they don't know you, you don't know them there's no connection what so ever just people asking and answering questions

• 'trigger'... lol. The internet isn't a 'safe space' darling, that's located at your local universities dried up old prunes department. If people are treating u like shit, its probably cause your advice is shit.

• I promise you most people don't get treated good, which is why it starts a chain of people treating each other badly if you wanna get treated better hang around people that like to be treated good it'll make life easier

• Yes, I don't get very good treatment. I give good advice and all that but I still get treated like crap. I wish it was a nicer site

• And there's really no one answer for "why" they do it.

What Girls Said 9

• I was being dissed on here one time for a dress I was wearing in my avatar, being called thick, refrigerator, fat, etc. by this girl (she was Anon, of course) & then @sherbearee knocked all that over & said I had nice curves to go with the dress I was wearing.
    So, even though I won't ever know who called me those things, I'll always know it was @sherbearee who made me feel better & prettyful again. :) Just try to remember the nice things people say, & who says them, & interact with them more.

And you have golden points to make here. There's been things said to me that take mean tolls; there may have been things I said to others that have hurt them, & I'm not exactly prideful of that. But thanks for reminding us that it DOES matter what we say on here, & keeping this spirit alive helps keep GAG a good experience for everyone.

• Aw.. damn I remember that dress, but I didn't think my opinion was that memorable. Thanks KBob93, you made my day :)
      @asker , i guess sometimes the nice people here just make up for everything else

• Well there are a lot of trolls and a lot of guys on here are douchey to me because I'm a feminist. I'm not even the feminazi kind. Also its the internet and people are mean

• Because they want to ruin all the nice people and turn them to the dark side.

thecantinacrew.com/.../137134463824621.png

ecdn.funzypics.com/.../Embrace-The-Dark-Side-.jpg

• Yeaaaah some people are lame fuckers who wouldn't dare say it to your face... so they rant to strangers online! Ignore them and stay cool :)

• i know how you feel and it hurts when people are judgmental and just mean.
    don't let them get to you. ignore and block them.

• People are all self centered assholes.

• I think it's just the internet in general, wherever you go there will be mean people but there are nice people to, just got to find them. I

• No two people are alike. You just have to take it in stride, negative people are everywhere. People are bitter envious jealous the list can go on. You just have to focus on you and be comfortable in your own skin. People will be people and they will continue to do things you don't like. Take it and roll with the punches!

• There are trolls everywhere.