Is there a soul out there who actually never drank a sip of alcohol before the age of 21?

• I'm under 21 and I drink!
  • I'm under 21 and I won't drink until I'm 21!
  • I'm over 21 and I started drinking as a teen!
  • I'm over 21 and I started drinking after 21!
  • I'm over 21 and I don't drink!

Most Helpful Guy

• The only times I've ever had alcohol were...
    --When I was 3 or 4, when my parents had me sip their wine as I gave a "WTF IS THIS *bleh*?" face.
    --When I was like 12 on New Years, where my dad told me "Here, drink some of this apple cider." Once I said, "that's not apple cider" he said "Nah, look at the bubbles. Apple cider has bubbles, therefore this is apple cider." I agreed to drink some but it was champagne. I gave another "WTF IS THIS *bleh*?" face.

Those are the only times I can really think of where I drank alcohol. My family (mainly my father's side) has a susceptibility to alcoholism, so I try to stay from alcohol as best as I can. I'd rather not pick up an expensive addiction that won't let me think clear headed.

Most Helpful Girl

• *raises hand* LOL. I don't drink

What Guys Said 27

• I had my first drink of wine at 15-16.
    I had my first beer at 19.
    I had my first liquor/shot at 20.

So yeah, I was below the age limit, but seriously who waits until age 21 to finally take their first sip?

• I voted "E", since I'm almost 25 and I've still never been drunk or actually drank an entire alcoholic beverage before.

However, I did drink "sips" of alcohol before I was 21. Key word: SIPS. I would be surprised if someone told me they've never taken a SIP of alcohol in their life (unless they're a kid.) When I was a kid, there was a couple of times I took a sip of my dad's beer just to see what it tasted like. I gagged every time. There were several times when I was a teenager I took a sip of beer, wine, margaritas, champagne and other liquors just to see if I liked it and I gagged every time too.

I've came to the conclusion that I despise the taste of alcohol. It's disgusting. Luckily, it's bad for your health, so I win here.

• I don't remember exactly, but I don't think I actually had my first drink until I was 21, but it could have been anywhere between 20-22.

I wouldn't consider a literal "sip" of alcohol a drink. I'm sure at some point in time before my first actual drink I must have tasted someone else's.

• I didn't have my first drink until a few months ago at 22.

It really had nothing to do with legality, I just never wanted to try it. My curiousity finally got the best of me and I tried some and honestly I don't see the appeal. I hate the aftertaste and all it really did was make me kinda sleepy. I guess I'm just weird :/

• "I started drinking" is an overstatement, I barely ever drink. But the first time I drank enough stuff to make me woozy was when I was 17. Legal age here is 18.

• I stopped drinking 10 years ago.

• I drank alcohol when I was 17 or 18 I think. I got so much drank that I couldn't remember what happened that night. Since then I don't touch it anymore. Give me my orange juice or tea and Im fine.

• Not that I know of personally

• I never touched alcohol before 21, and only touched a couple times after 21, never seen the point in drinking alcohol.

• Never really saw the appeal... my dad gave me a taste of beer when I was three, I spat it out, never wanted it since

• Yup me lol.

• Unless one of those shit French chocolates counts, moi.

• I am 19 and drink til organ failure

• will be 34 later this year... never had a sip of alcohol. not one.

• I'm over 21 and never drink. I've never been drunk or had a hard drink.

• Never smoked, never drank, no drugs.

• The drinking age was 18 back when I had my first drink, so it was legal.

• I'm over 21 never did and never will. PERIOD

• I started 19/20.

• Never and will never

• I never had a sip
    I had a whole bottle

• i tasted wine once.. but thats it.. and it tastes awful..

• I drink every once in a blue moon. Its kinda pointless. Not missing much.

• I tried something before 21 but it wasn't like I DRANK under 21. I just wasn't in to the idea that underage drinking is fun, seems like a silly idea to me that somehow drinking underage is better

• the age limit is 18 where im from but the only places that are strict on the limit are supermarkets off licences and nightclubs i see loads of 15 yr old getting served i only started when i turned 17 but i only drink a small bit like 3 to 5 drinks while my friends drink like 7 to 10

• 21 I had I sip at 8 got drunk at 16 and it legal where I leave to drink and full nudity strip clubs and gamble at 18

• I have. It's legal at 18 so I'm not doing anything wrong. I don't drink though. Extremely rare for me

What Girls Said 16

• I started drinking at 15 years young, but I don't drink a lot. I only do it once in a while. I'm not obsessed with drinking and partying. I am a social drinker only. I can count on one hand the number of times I have drank (drunk?) underage.

• My first sip of alcohol occurred on my 21st birthday...

• I had my first drink when I was 12. I do not drink often, as alcoholism runs in my family and when I do drink, I do not drink to get drunk. I don't find it fun to be out of control like that. I will get to the point where I feel tipsy. I have been drunk twice in my life to the point where I was vomiting and had a hangover the next day and it takes a ton of alcohol to get me there. I drank more as a teenager than I ever did after turning 21.

• I started drinking at 13, so not me. There is no legal drinking age here, you can pretty much drink whenever you feel like it. The only restrictions are when it comes to buying it. At 16 you can buy soft drinks like beer, with an alcohol percent of 16 and under, and then at 18 you can buy everything.

• i haven't had a sip...

• I chose under 21 and I drink, which isn't entirely accurate. I am never planning on drinking alcohol like most people do. I had a sip of wine when I was little and my mom offered me to try it... so I guess I would fall under that category? I think you should edit some of these options.

• I'm over 21 and I will never drink.

• I've had sips. It was horrible. I don't plan on drinking when I turn 21. I feel that the cons outweigh the pros.

• amish people don't have computers

• I'm sure there are. I'm not one of them, but im. sure there are lol.

• I once tried beer. I took a sip and left it, i really had problems even drinking fizzy drinkd, but now when i go to the cinema i take it because its a funny feeling, though i drink it slowly and i always make a weird face because of the bubbles.

• im under 21 and i haven't drank before but im not completely against it. im talking about one beer not sloppy drunk

• Am under 21, have not tasted alcohol and will never want to know how it taste like for the rest of my life. I find alcohol to be a nasty drink, just my opinion. thanks

• I don't think. Also, in many countries you can legally drink when you are 18.

• I don't like the taste of alcohol. So, yeah ME!

• i live in the uk where the legal age is 18, and i was getting drunk off whiskey and cider stolen form my mum's alcohol cabinet in parks with my friends when i was 14 hahaha!! its normal where i live to do that though.