What do you prefer?

So, I'm English and prefer do be called English and find it kind of irritating to be reffered to as British or worse, European (I'd rather die than be grouped in with the French); I was wondering what my fellow countrymen prefer to be called, and wondering what people from other countries such as Americans usually say. Also, since this is GAG I'd love to hear about whether you've found being English is considered attractive.
What do you prefer?

• English.
  • British.
  • European.
  • Other (oh, do tell).

Most Helpful Girl

• Uhm... sorry but as an American I think a lot of us have zero clue that y'all wanna be called English, especially someone like me who has no English friends. I'll do better from now on :)

What Girls Said 2

• I usually say British since it's hard to tell the difference between someone from the UK vs England vs Wales. But I wouldn't say European since it's easy to tell the difference between a British person and a French or Italian person.

• What is bad with French?

What Guys Said 5

• Well, I'm British, and English, but I don't really have a preference. It's just that English is more specific than British.

• I'm technically Canadian but I am also technically an Englishman as well, and I personally refer to myself as English instead of British, but that's just because I'm an anchor baby.

• What does Anchor Baby mean?

• It means that my family emigrated from England to Canada and had me here.

Legally I'm English (right of blood), birth-wise I'm Canadian.

• I'll call you whatever I want. We beat your asses in World War 3 and we can do it again. USA! USA! USA!

• I like English girls, don't see why you still hate the French though.
    I refer to someone as British when I don't know where they are from in the UK or to all the people of the UK.

• The proper designation is "Lord and Master"!!!