What happens if you can't pay child support?

I don't have a job and I stay with my friend. I have 0.50 cent to my name.

So what would happen. If I never get a job.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing really. If you are Not working and don't have two dimes you can even rub together, there is No living proof in the sweet pudding that you are on the books to Pay the piper.
    However, if you Do ever go on someone's pay roll, you will then have your wages garnished, should you have already been to court for everything in the beginning. I have even seen in PA where I am living again, a dead beat dad being apprehended by the cops in the middle of the night when somehow they caught up with him First.
    It would probably be in your best interest not to get caught doing anything under the table to put bread on your table. If you are, be careful. And if you should find work, make arrangements to pay 'Child support' on someone who never asked to be born.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see how they can make you pay the money you don't have. However if you end up getting money they will probably take it from you

What Girls Said 2

• To my knowledge, you can't pay what you don't have. Usually child support is based on a percentage of what you earn. If you earn nothing, you can't be asked for "nothing".

• Are you already paying? Because I know if you are behind, courts can give you jail time. I think that's if you're deliberately not paying, though.

Though, I'm pretty sure they mostly take part of your pay check, and I heard you can lose your drivers license.

• Though if you don't have a job or a drivers license i'm not sure what they would do. >_<

• No I'm not paying. right now she hasn't asked I'm looking 4 work but it's hard

What Guys Said 2

• You hope that she doesn't sue you for it, that's her right as a woman, she can make you donut until the baby is 18, if she so chooses, however you're legal right as a man is that you are not required to be worth that woman, girlfriend or marriage, you can't put a law on the heart

• The debt does not go away, ever. Even after the kid has grown up you will still owe. The only way to avoid paying it is to never have any money your whole life.

• It's based on what was agreed on. My mom didn't have to after we graduated, so it depends. >_>