Do you think Windows 10 is Ugly?

Upgraded to windows 10, ugliest MS OS ever, so flat and lifeless. MS pleas bring back Areo.

• Nope, Best looking MS OS ever
  • God yes, it's the ugliest OS I've ever used.

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg! Is it a disappointment like windows vista?
    I was gonna upgrade... But if it looks ugly I'd rather stay with this stupid windows 8 i have...

• When windows 10 technical preview came out it looked totally different than the retail release. At least classic shell works in windows 10.

• @Mesonfielde - Vista came out it to all in January of 2007. It was the successor to XP. It was succeeded by 7 in July of 2009. Windows 8 came out in August 2012, though pre-release versions were out sooner. So Vista was nowhere near Windows 8.

• @Red_Arrow
      XP was good
      Vista was bad
      7 was good
      8 was bad
      10 was expected to be good :p

Most Helpful Guy

• People always dislike every new OS simply because it's different from what they're accustomed to. Humans tend to dislike things they don't understand.

I always wait a little while to upgrade to a new OS. Then I'll make a judgment.

What Girls Said 5

• I got so pissed off at windows 8.1 that I bought a mac! 8.1 had this glitch where even if you clicked the corner or moved your mouse to the corner it wouldn't switch out of the stupid page with all the squares and you were stuck there. So I'd have to open up task manager just to get back to my fucking google chrome tabs because I'd always accidentally switch to the page with all the squares and it was so annoying. I was thinking of buying a surface pro for school but I'm tired of windows trying so hard to be "quirky" that I just whipped around and ran to the other side of the mall into the Apple store. And you think Windows was going to give me any student discounts like Apple did? HAHAHAH fuck no! Plus they take apple care so seriously, my computer had a little imperfection when I took it out of the box (a tiny dent in the metal on the side) so I took it there for them to look at and out they come out with an entirely new computer just because of that and helped me switch things over to the new one! Apple takes their warranty way more seriously than Windows. I can't tell you how many times I've asked at the Windows store for help and been told they can't help me. With Apple it's like "ohh your charger broke? here's a new one" or "oh no your earbuds stopped working? let me grab you some new ones". I used to be a hardcore Windows fan but now I'm so done I think a Mac is a better investment because when my four year old windows laptop broke down no one could help me. But when my friend's four year old macbook pro stopped working they said "oh now we are so sorry, just incase this was a manufacturer error here's a new 2014 model with retina display, so sorry for the inconvenience!" all I got when I went to ask about my laptop was "Are you sure you didn't drop it? haha! nothing we can do!" so I switched to a Mac for the customer service too. Okay rant over.

• Microsoft Software and hardware are both available to students with large discounts. All you need do is Google "student discount Microsoft" and you will find all kinds of discount deals all over the internet.

I will agree that Apple is better at customer service and fixing problems, but they can do that because their hardware and software are more expensive to start with, giving them plenty of room to still make a mint while offering those deals.

• yeah well I feel like Microsoft hides the fact that they have student discounts and you have to search for it everywhere. With Apple they straight up ask "are you a student?" before you buy anything. And yeah I know Apple is a very profitable business but I'm tired of spending money of shitty windows laptops that will never get fixed if they break, might as well buy a quality macbook and not have to worry about it failing on me constantly because even if I did Apple has my back haha.

• From what I've seen, it looks okay, not too awful but I don't think it looks great ether. I can get a free upgrade, but I'm waiting for a little while, so they can hopefully fix some of he starting bugs :)

• It kind of looks like windows 7 but an upgraded version of it. I'm happy they brought back some of the features it had. ^^

• Can't say I'm still using XP. lol hahahha

• Oh it's not safe to still be using XP connected to the internet. Why not buy a newer version of windows or upgrade to linux for free, Elementary is the best free OS ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0kuGECRYk

• Yes I know all that must be to lazy to upgrade. I have nothing of importance on here to lose. Besides Christmas is coming I may simply splurge & buy a new laptop

• It looks fancy to me

What Guys Said 15

• What did you upgrade from? If it's from 7 then yeah it'll probably feel that way. It seems to me to be better than Windows 8. But they're basically trying to show that they are cutting edge and as such gain back some market share.

They also want you to adopt things like Cortana (it's built in) and start looking at Windows phone because their idea of one OS across all platforms. And yeah I know, Windows 10 mobile not Windows 10 on the phones but still they're trying and you gotta at least hand them that lol

Now I just wanna take my upgrade to Win 10 from my Win 7 PC as an iso rather than actually putting the upgrade on. For those with Win 8, I'd say iso and then put it on cause Win 8 sucks.

• Neither. It combines good that was present in 8 with good from 7. Liked ideas in 8 but they were poorly implemented. But 10 I may be able to live with. Waiting till it has had time to shake the bugs loose though.

• Windows 7 was the last one I ever used. I don't use windows anymore so I don't know lol.

• I can't update yet because it breaks some Android dev stuff I need for work, but based on images it is uglier than 7, but it's better than 8.

• 0|1
  • Bring back Windows NT4
    That was a good one.

• And i actually know a guy who prefers Edlin as his word processor. You have to give up the crank start on cars sooner or later.

• To be fair, I don't spend too much of my time looking at the layouts.
    so long as I have the net and a few games... im happy lol

• Yeah it looks terrible to be honest

• I'd rather have it than 8.1.. ..

• 0|1
  • I like windows 10. I think it has a definite Linux feel but without the freedom provided by Linux.

• Too me it has more of an android look/feel.

• It doesn't remind me of android because I absolutely hate that OS it's still better than Mac's OS lol. It might have something to do with me using 10 since around January.

• I've been using windows 10 since last year, the first build looked way better than the release version.

• Windows is just for playing games anyway... No big deal.

• It looks good if you understand or it will be total ugly

• It's not the best looking but it's definitely better than Windows 8 & 8.1

• I love it much better than 7 and I can't wait for the Xbox one games that are going to be ported over to pc