Do you judge people based on their looks?

Will you only be friends with people that look a certain way? Let me know😊🌸

Most Helpful Guy

• Be friends or not will not depend on looks. However, I do judge people base on how they look.

YES, I judge people base on how they look. Ever wondering why you steer away from homeless dude asking for money in the street? Why do you need to dress up for an interview? Who gives you a better 1st impression for a meeting: emo-goth looking baldie or Harvey Specter with a pair of eye glasses?

How people dress, how they walk, how they take care of their bodies will show me a glimpse of their personality. A sloppy looking dude will not be getting a job as my accountant and I certainly don't want an ugly, old and poorly dressed dude to do PR for my company.

Most Helpful Girl

• I sometimes give people bonus points if they look good but I won't judge completely based on looks. if somebody has a good or bad personality - that will be more important to me then how they look. For example - let's say a 6"6 guy who is perfectly slim and fit and dressed in an expensive tuxedo and behaves all confident comes up to you - would you really like him just as much as somebody severely obese, disabled, fat, crooked in speech, anxious, smelly, incoherent and uneducated? Looks matter but they are not the ONLY thing that matters.

What Guys Said 13

• Nope, looks can give me a mental first impression of someone but no matter how they look, I always treat them the same as I treat everyone else until their actions prove to me that I shouldn't.

• Yea I agree with you but it depends on how you interpret her question. Some might take it as judging them inside and out on looks but others (like me) take it as a simple first impression. My mind will tell me one thing about someone based on their looks but I won't act on those thoughts until their actions prove to me that I should. It is the most effective measure to be fair to people because being prejudice never ends well.

• I'm a shining example, I'm a tall, skinny black guy with a deep voice and a slender/athletic build. Most people assume I'm interested in sports and I get a lot of girls. As my username implies however... none of those things are true.

• Well yes i judge people on their appearance, often times it does speak to their character

But i am friends with all different types of people

• yes. who ever says they dont needs a slap in their face for speaking bs.

we are given senses to pick up cues and signs to help us guide through social situations and survival. but because some fake white knight wants to stand out says i look at personality were suppose to beleive he intentionally override an evolutionary trait?

• No, when it comes for friendships, personality is all what matters, I wouldn't friend people based of what they look like, however in a relationship, looks are important of course, but still, they are not everything.

• You shouldn't, but it's a natural human tendency to do so.

• I wouldn't say I "judge" peeps so to speak, but I do tend to gravitate towards peeps who seemingly share the same interests.

However, will talk to literally anyone ^-^

• Being friends with someone just on how they look is shallow, but only to a point. Some people look like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit the ground hard and dress like slobs. They don't care about themselves, and if they don't care about themselves, then they don't care about a lot of things. I don't want to associate with someone like that

• I judge people based on their looks. If they have a sulky gesture, I won't approach them, and I won't approach them if they dress like thugs either. Other than that, pretty much everyone could be my friend.

• I can be friends with anyone but dating is another story

• no not really, but if they are fat, smelly, no self respect, dress poorly, dont care abou themselves... then yes i do

• I'm not that kind of person

• Do I judge? Yeah. Do I let my judgment based on their looks determine if I want to be friends with them? Absolutely not. Do I let my judgement based on their looks determine if I want to be more than friends... No, I don't let it determine it, but I it does play a part in whether I want to be with them as more than friends. How someone acts is more telling than how someone dresses. With that said, some people dress exactly how you would perceive someone dressing that certain way would act.

• Apparently there are people who do so. I try not to

What Girls Said 15

• Yeah, to a degree. I'm not going to lie. Even so, I will still talk to everyone and anyone and if I like their personality their looks don't matter at all. I judge a little based on looks, but it's not a deal breaker if the person is 'ugly' or doesn't look like the people that I would 'typically' hang out with.

• certainly not. what a terrible way to select friends.

• but you can't tell anything on physical appearance? it seems like everyone on gag looks for the right answers to say but studies say a different tale

• well i dont know about u but i dont choose my friends because they look a certain way. @justanothergager

• no, freindships obviuosly require a throural assessment lol i can tell a lot by what people wear, how the talk, all that.

• I don't care about how they look. But if they don't take care of their hygiene or dress in a super weird way I will probably not be too thrilled about getting to know them...

• No I'm not that kind of person. I get along and try to befriend anyone and I pretty much get along with just about anyone... So no I'm not quick to judge even if the that person portrays a certain image or a stereotype pops into my head.

• Not at all and it's mostly from past experiences of being bullied as a kid. People made fun of me for my looks without getting to know me so, in turn I never judge by looks as an adult.
    As a teenager, I did avoid befriending extremely attractive guys. So, I have done this in the past.

• Everyone judges based on looks. I certainly do.
    But that doesn't mean I'll be friends with people who look a certain way. That's stupid. There's more to people than looks.

• Yes. No i wouldn't only be friends with people who look a certain way.

• No. That's superficial & shallow.

• No I don't, I'm no one to judge

• i judge people based on their looks, thats just kind of natural human instinct. but if i get to know their personality then we could be friends

• Used to in middle school. Then I realized it was a dumb and terrible thing to do so now I just befriend everyone and hang out with anyone who has same interests as me.

• Sometimes😔

• I definitely believe people judge others off their appearance, for me it's like the first non verbal impression.

• Friends, no. Relationship, yes. You gotta be attracted to the person you're with.

• Nope, not by looks.

I remember once sort of judging someone by the way she talked/acted and later realized how wrong I was.

She turned out to be really nice.