Rate me as a photographer? (photo)?

Rate me as a photographer? (photo)?
rate my photography skills 1-10
does it looks professional or not and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• 2
    It's a good amateur/bad professional shot.

Here's a few notes:
    - She's literally in the guy's shadow. What kind of message are you saying there?
    - Partial tattoo - WTF? no. All of the tattoo, or none of the tattoo. Partial is just too distracting.
    - Is that a car with a trailer in the background. So what are you saying? That he's just gonna be dragging her off to camping for the rest of their lives together?
    - Your lens isn't great. You should be going with a much lower fstop to blur out the background with smoother bokeh, and draw more attention to the subject.
    - Lighting - flowers are overblown, whilst her face is in a shadow?

Anyway... list goes on...

• TATTOOO WHAT?
      its her tatttoo and not mine.
      or u thiink i forced her to make tattoo just for this shot?
      u r so stupid

• Stop making excuses, all you needed to do was to tell the girl to rotate her arm half an inch. If you're not in control of everything that's within the frame, then you're not ready to be a professional photog.

Most Helpful Girl

• this is cute =] although the shot doesn't really look professional. not in the sense that it's not good, but i mean that it looks like something anyone can take, u know?

ill give it an 8. :)

What Guys Said 7

• http://i61.tinypic.com/m7rv4l.jpg
    i guess you're lacked of equipment to catch a perfect photo. but mostly could be amended with ps.

• You r right, i have canon 550d, no other equipment
      Why background is harsh

• Lol, i asked a simple question and u wrote a hugevtext, but not about my question, wich mesns ur critic is not constructive...

• i'm just saying i was holding my word back, if i knew you don't bother to take more, i would had left a simple critique like the other guy said too shabby. lol whatever.

• 1 at best because her face is not fully in the photo. It would be better to have the man with full shoulders in the picture, NOT HALF OF A MAN. The top of his head is missing and the background is too blurry. Granted, it is not suppose to be scene properly but in this case it is too blurry

• The background could have been better
    The guy could have been seen in the picture
    I agree with Tarvold that the tattoo is a bit distracting
    Only bits and pieces of light are on her and the flowers

I know this isn't professional but overall it is ok. I give this a 6.5/10

• and what HER tattoo can make with me as a photographer...
      i didn't even know her, they r my clients
      her tattoo isn't my business and ur comment is kinda stupid

• Whats so distracting in seeing half tattoo?
      Thats a part of HER body

• It puts more focus on the tattoo vs the persons face. When you go to look at it, it off puts the rest of the picture.

• I give it a 6.5-7.5 your lighting seems kinda off to me. Maybe use a little less exposure, you're focus is good though

• Not too shabby

• prety good but it would be better if used a flash i think

• Just an ordinary photo taken casually, nothing "professional", but, not too bad either.

What Girls Said 5

• I'd rate it a 9.5 out of 10. My reasoning is because the girl's in the shade making her look slightly evil, yet bringing more attention to the flowers. If you would've made them face the sun then this would've been perfect. You still did pretty damn good!!

• It's a good effort. I give it a 7

• 10. Very good. Yes, it looks professional because you captured enough shadows to accent the groom and the bride's face and flowers.

• Your depth of field is good, but I'd work on the positioning of the subjects in the lighting. Her face would look better illuminated and it would clear any unflattering details such as undereye bags. Otherwise, great 😊

• yes i know i have to buy flash, so i can shoot under sun without shadows on face

• canon 550d, professional flash looks very natural, unnatural flash that is in camera

• Oh, it's the European version of our Canon Rebel T2i! It's a great camera. I guess if flash is what you like, go for it! I guess I'm just more of a fan of the tripod and decreased shutter speed/low fstop

• 6/10, not quite pro but on your way...

Cons
    Lighting could be a bit better.
    Highlights on the flowers are blown out.
    Not quite as sharp as id like it to be.

Pros
    Good DOF.
    Follows the rule of thirds.