Has anybody out there experienced counselling or anything?

By no means am I trying to be nosey or anything but I'm curious as to what it is like to speak to one, and what they talk about and why it helps anyone in any way.

I just feel like my anxiety is getting worse and even turning into a bit of depression. My friend is due to see somebody in a few weeks to talk to and he keeps encouraging me to go to the doctors and try get them to find me some sort of help and somebody to talk to and try it but I am nervous to. Although I can't go on with my anxiety constantly waking me up on a night and me constantly worrying about the smallest of things and then letting it get me down.

Anyone out there experienced this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg seriously u need to do it I promise u it will help u so much i have very high social anxiety and they help a lot I get depressed but I know there is always someone there to talk to it will imrove ur life

What Girls Said 2

• I was terrified about going, and it is nerve racking bit you have to remember that these people are trained to deal with these situations.

The lady I saw made me feel very comfortable, I told her how anxious I was feeling about the whole thing and she was very nice and professional and did what she was supposed to do.

Just think of it this way: you have nothing to lose by going.

• I have experienced it :)

Talking to someone is a really good idea. They become like your personal journal that talks back to you and gives you advice. They help you work through your problems and they come up with solutions :)

It's a really great idea!!

What Guys Said 3

• I am at present going through counselling (depression and anxiety). and its the best thing I've ever done. its really helping me. feel free to PM if you want to chat about things.

• not really. i'm fully healthy, but psychiatry is made up.

• I have so wanna talk just pm me