What is something "old fashioned" you do?

Could be house chores, your mentality, other, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• I go for guys with manners and who are gentlemen. For certain clothes, I use a washboard instead of the washer (yes, I have a wb! Lol). I can sew but only straight lines so nothing fancy but it has saved me quite a few dollars on alterations. I also compost all vegie/fruit scraps so I can use for my garden later. Though I'm not doing too good this year in planting my veg on time. A lot of the time I feel I should've been born in the 1800s lol

• I had to google what washboard was lol Where do you even get one these days? Lol

• I got mine at the Mexican store lol

Thanks for MHO!

• Thank the washboard LOL!

What Guys Said 7

• I'm generally not very old-fashioned but there are a few things I do:
    - I dislike most of the modern tech gadgets. I'm generally very bad with technology. I have a phone but I don't use it a lot. And when the TV or my computer doesn't work, I usually ask my girlfriend for help, because she's very good with that sort of stuff (I guess that on the other hand is very progressive).
    - I like people who are humble, materially speaking. I don't like people who show off their wealth.
    - I want to get married and have children very, very much.
    - I like to do things personally, even if it means it will afford more time and energy. For example instead of calling the bank that I want to change something about my account, I would take my bike, ride it to the next branch of my bank, go to the counter and ask the person there. Until very recently, I also didn't do any electronic banking. When I had to pay a bill (for example for paying rent), I would always go to the bank, withdraw money, put it in an envelop, then go to the post office and pay my bill their with a paper slip. The only other people who still do this in my country are 60+ ;-).
    - I don't listen to a lot of contemporary music. I mostly listen to music from the 1950s and 1960s and I also enjoy classical music a lot.

• Wanting to get married...

• Everything lol everything about me is old fashioned my mentality, personality, just the way I carry myself pretty much everything is quite old fashioned about me.

• I open doors for ladies and let them through first

• Read classics, listen to music composed at least a decade ago, watch Dragon Ball Z.

• Think for myself.

• Ride a horse

• Old-fashioned cowboy!

What Girls Said 15

• I guess you could say that I'm old fashioned because of my ideal life plan which is just finish education, get engaged, get married, a year or so later, have a baby, and then have another later on. It's kinda the cookie-cutter lifestyle that I'd enjoy, so I guess it's old fashioned.

• my mentality as a whole. I'm quite traditional.
    i like to read the paper when i can.
    i like old school movies, furniture and decor.
    I don't know if this counts but looking nice without showing half my body lol.

• I like to look after my husband. I embody the stereotypical, traditional wife role.

I was never like that before and I hated the idea of it, until I met this Portuguese girl. We had a conversation about why traditional roles could be valuable, in creating a happy home and it made me see things differently. That's perhaps the only old fashioned thing about me.

• Oh many things! I cook from scratch. I dislike using my cellphone. I use a tea tray. I bring in flowers from outside and put them in a vase. Many more, I just can't think of them all.

• I bet your family is lucky! My mom always bought everything pre-made!

• I love when a guy opens a door for me and when my dad helps me do stuff I could do on my own. 😆

• How are chores old fashioned?
    It's something you'll always have to do. O. o

Hmmm... maybe it's the fact that I like gentlemanly behavior while people think it's the thing of the past.

• The one thing I'll always prefer over technology is a book.

Reading a story from a tablet, Kindle, etc does not give me the same pleasure as reading an actual printed paper book.

• I avoid leaving the house because I want to save money. I even choose to avoid social activity so that I won't have to spend money. I have not been to the movies in 2 years.

• I sew like I literally make blanket or dresses for my kids.

• When did you learn?

• When I was 7 my great grandmother was babysitting me for the summer and we made a blanket together

• hmmmmm i can act in a traditional way at times and i hate it

• I believe in waiting until marriage.

• I still write hand written letters but people like my beautiful writing and find it personal so that's what i do that's old fashioned.

• I hate technology. I like doing things manually and can't download music. It just goes against everything I stand for lol. I love older music too, favourite albums from 1987.

• Listening to record players

• Tbh as long as I was with the man I love (my bf) I would not mind being a house wife.
    I would love staying home with my kids and being able to cook.
    But alas I need to work but I live my job so it's all good too