How's Windows 10 working out for those who have it?

I for one love it to pieces xD It soot's my VAIO and it just looks so much better than Windows 8, 8.1...

GG im glad everyone is happy and attempting to update etc... I so far am pleased... Maybe if my VAIO was a bit faster then certain applications may open and run faster but meh... can't complain...

Most Helpful Girl

• I just updated my laptop to Windows 10 today. It's fine I guess, no complaints so far.

Most Helpful Guy

• They had a good idea with 8, but then implemented it poorly and had many problems. some were fixed with 8.1, but others remain. With either version, the best use is on touch devices while they are pretty much a hassle on regular computers.

A friend has been using an early release of 10 for months and so far seems happy with it on his laptop. From what I have seen, it gives him the best of both worlds.

The biggest problem with new versions is that you basically have to start from scratch with each new version. (Not the updates or service packs, but new versions.) In order for other programs to work well in Windows (in some cases for it to work at all), it needs to be installed, not just added to the computer. That means it will let windows know lots of information needed to run the program correctly. When you install a new version of Windows, all of the other programs need to be installed into that version of Windows. (Some programs may work okay, but don't count on it.) So every time you spend time putting a new version of Windows on your computer, you have to spend time re-installing the other programs. And you need to have saved all the data and then feed all that into the computer.

That is a lot of effort and time for the short time between using 7, then 8, and now 10. But then, if Microsoft was smart enough to get around all that hassle, they would know that 9 comes between 8 and 10.

What Girls Said 1

• I wonder how it is to! I have a Vaio aswell lol and I've been contemplating whether or not to get it. I hope it runs fine. I might wait for a month.

What Guys Said 9

• I only fuck with Linux Mint 17 and this baby never get sold nor slows down ^_^ i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• I run Linux as a secondary OS to Windows there are somethings I need to do that are just way easier to do with Linux than Microsot

• Im not a fan of Linux, the Kernel's great, but there are so many things wrong with every distro I've ever used that for a UNIX-like, I started using BSD instead. FreeBSD on the server and PC-BSD for the backup/recovery OS on a second drive. I like the philosophy behind BSD better anyway. Its much more like commercial UNIX, which was actually the first OS I ever used, my dad had an AT&T UNIX workstation in the early 90's.

I got fed up with the constant petulant bullshit that comes out of anyone who has anything to do with Linux userland, software packaging (the person that made the kmod for AMD proprietary drivers for Fedora had a hissy fit and quit without telling anyone, and I'm not going to manually recompile my kernel every fucking time I upgrade my video drivers, no thanks), and distribution. I also got tired of fighting it for WiFi and Sound, the only one that I ever used that just worked were RHEL/CentOS and Fedora. And I was kind of amazed that Fedora worked as well as it did

• @MIGuy470 Umm I see where you're coming from. Since before I got Linux Mint 17 I'D ALWAYS GET FUCKED OVER BY SOME DRIVER (GRAPHIC) NOT WORKING... which caused me to have to redo my Linux Mint 13/16 (at the time) distro every 3 months it seemed -_-. I always thought that it was because of me installing a bad update package or something. So I'd leave it raw... and it would stuck fuck up GRRWRRRRRR. So eventually I upgrAded to what I have now.

Which is Linux Mint 17 and this baby runs perfectly fine thus far. Since I've had it for about 1.2 years without a single problem. But then again, I don't do anything besides watch movies on the web/download music etc LOL

• "and it just looks so much better than Windows 8, 8.1. "

That's always been Microshit's idea: look better.

Wait a few months, it's flaws will be all over the net. I already read that it's AV isn't worth much.
    You got it free now: I bet Service pack 1 will be VERY expensive.

• So waiting for it.

• I've been using it since January. It's really good. I am running it on all my devices including my phone.

• I've been using it for two months as a Windows Insider/Beta Tester. I really like it. It takes the few good things from Windows 8 and the many good things from Windows 7 and combines them. Plus it has support for things like VPN built in and much easier to use than Windows 7's VPN client.

• It looks and works waaay better than Windows 8 & 8.1

• I love it, it's awesome.

• I'm curious to know myself. They are saying I can get 10 for free, but I don't know if it's worth it or not. I like 7 a lot. I don't like 8.

• If you like 7 you'll like 10.

• Okay. I might get it then.

• Yeah, its basically like a hybrid of 7 and 8, but with 7's usability and some of 8's looks. You'll like it I think.