Why are babies in the womb for 9 months but aren't 9 months when they're born?

0|0
7|8

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Would you want and call your car to be 6 months (or so) old because it was started manufacturing back then? No?
    We start counting the age of the things when they're fully developed, including humans.

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Because thats how old it is inside of the womb. We start counting age after a child takes their first breath outside of the womb.

2|0
    0|0
  • They're in the womb for 10 months and your age starts from your birth date, the day you take your first breath of air and open your eyes for the first time.

0|0
    0|0
    • …Where on earth are you getting that "10 months" from?

• Show All
    • Omg -.- kids these days... there's 4 weeks in a month kid. You asked so I answered your question. Bye now 👋😂

• Hey! Play nice both of you!

• Because the nervous system is one of the last to fully develop so a baby is not cognicent until they're born (the brain develops befor this happens obviously but they do not function completely on their own until birth)

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they were nothing 9 months ago and they still wouldn't be something alive (with a soul) even at a certain number of months. I think

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually in some countries that is counted, like in Korea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because imagine having a nine month old baby coming out of a woman's vagina it would never go back to normal plus the baby has to have time to develop

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• In some countries that is actually counted while some here in the United States only start counting it's age after it's born.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is because date of conception and date of birth are different. In technicalities a baby is 9 months old when born but since age is calculated from the start of birth they start as a newborn then progress from there. ~ MrsGrimm

0|0
    0|0
  • In Korea, people are 1 years old when born, and everyone has their birthday on January 1st.

0|0
    1|0
  • At what point is a cake a cake?

0|0
    0|0
  • Why isn't a cake a cake once in the oven? Because there's a process involved where it becomes a cake.

0|0
    0|0
  • You telling me I'm already 21?
    🍻

0|0
    0|0
  • Born, when they leave the womb

0|0
    0|0