Is it normal that I feel upset when people kill spiders?

although I have a phobia of spiders, if someone kills one I get really upset and I can't control it and I have no idea why I get so upset, do you think it's weird I feel that way?

0|0
5|14

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel the same way. I'm terrified of moths and seen 1 drowing in water and I got it out and blew on it u til it could fly again... When it did I shi* myself and locked myself in the bathroom.

The way I see it is.. Just because you're stronger doesn't mean you have the right to kill other living things

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• Dude I get annoyed when people kill insects.. It takes all of 2 minutes to get a cup or something and bring it outside..

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not normal... now, what is normal?

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a totally normal reaction, which many people can't understand"ugh! its a spider!"
    thats what they think.
    But no, a spider is still a living thing. You are ending a life, its just natural to feel sad 😉.
    Theoretically its the same as killing any other animal/insect, nevertheless its okay to kill them because they are insects, right?
    no i dont think so.😔
    Whenever i see an insect or spider in my house i get a book or paper and take them outside.
    Hope i helped you👍

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not weird to get upset over someone killing a insect, my neighbor doesn't like to kill mice that was causing him a problem with his home ,

0|0
    0|0
  • No here to I don't like killing spiders either and plus they kill most of the other ugly insects anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually carry insects outside, all life has value so there's no valid reason to kill an animal if its simply annoying or scaring you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't get upset or nothing as I don't want to 'ruin my ego' but I discreetly try to stop people killing insects or any other living animal. Your not weird

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you were a spider in a previous life

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's very weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • We share the same pain.
    I catch the spider and will release it

0|0
    0|0
  • no. i feel the same way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Then you are weird girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're still animals, living things. It'd be like killing a baby that's inside of you, you know it's there, so why kill it? (I know, abortions a touchy subject) but, was just comparing it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• yes , i feel sad for it , i ask people to stop it and just let it go , i think it is unfair that because we are bigger and stronger to just end any insect's life soooo easy , i always wonder if they have beloved ones that would really be heartbroken :D,

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate when people kill spiders or anything unless it's dangerous and I feel unsafe.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I kill too many with my stone heart sorry

0|0
    0|1
  • I once cried straight for five minutes when my stepdad killed an ant xD

0|0
    0|0