Why are the southern states in America so uneducated?

Mississippi and lousians have actually tried to teach religion in place of science. What drives conservatives to teach jesus rather than science? I believe this is the reason the southern states in America are so uneducated.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't speak for other southern states, but I'm from a small town in Tennessee where everyone is Christian and we didn't have specific classes for religion. Although, in my Biology class we were taught Creation along with Evolution and other theories, but it was more to compare the different theories rather than to force religion on the students.

I will admit that the education sucks unless you take action and get your classes switched to teachers that actually teach. The only reason I did as well as I did was because I tried, unlike quite a few of my classmates. A lot of students choose to go to alternative school and graduate early because it's easier, but they start working as soon as they graduate.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• teaching the theory of evolution is emotionally and psychologically harmful to children and should not be done.

• neither should the big bang theory in my opinion

• I can't even be mad.
    Though I actually went to school in the midwest, if there was a border for the midwest and south my school would be in the middle of it.

The education system fucking sucked. I didn't learn shit. But it wasn't that it was all about jesus, just wasn't good enough.

We were juniors and seniors being taught freshman math.
    I don't think it's like that everywhere, but we were a small town.

• i dont think they are uneducated at all. they may teach differently but that doesn't make them any less educated than the northern states. I am from the north and i have family in the south with a much better education than me

• They act like that because they live in constant fear that they'll go to hell

• So your uneducated when u think people should believe in creation not evaluation? I'm just wondering because the bible in its self is a tool to educate people so that hopefully they will understand, grasp, and believe in the concept of heaven or hell.

• yes, creation is based on faith, not facts

• But none of that happened, none of it has been proven. The only account of scripture that is proven in the real world are the dead sea scrolls and they don't even say anything related to the bible

• evolution is based on a guess.

What Guys Said 2

• That is not true. I have several friends who are holders of Ph. d's or are candidates that are from the south.

• They also believe the rebel flag, isn't racist.

www.newrepublic.com/.../confederate-flag-still-flying-today-because-kkk

I get that not all people are in the KKK but, I mean, if the KKK are even saying it is, then you KNOW it is