Why are questions about suicide removed?

I was just about to answer a girl's question about suicide but it got removed when I hit submit. I'd say that's a serious situation and she really needs help but now she can't get it from here. Maybe she didn't have anyone else to talk to about it so she came here. Why are they removed?

Most Helpful Girl

• I noticed that too.

Maybe admin personally contacted her with suicide prevention info. Hopefully...

Most Helpful Guy

• I have responded to such questions, giving web sites and phone numbers where they can get help. The question stayed up for a long time. I never knew when they were taken down. Unfortunately on here there are too many people who will give bad advice and others who will actually try to antagonize the situation. Someone else said that the asker is sent a message with contact info for them to get help. That is wise, but sometimes the person needs to fell someone out here actually is trying to help them. No good answer as to what to do.

What Girls Said 4

• I think they're removed because there's specific help and advice sites catered to those with suicidal tendencies and girlsaskguys is not the site that he or she needs to be on for that help

• Yeah, I saw it too, really sad :( and I doubt it was a troll, way too much detail. I was gonna message her as well, hope she's ok

• Uh oh that's not good. Yes , that question shouldn't be removed. :/

• They are to sensitive topics to deal here, most of the time they need professional advice.

What Guys Said 3

• The GaG administration deletes the question, and in the delete notification leaves a quite extensive paragraph of information about how to get help, what can help, as well as suicide hotlines for the united states, and links to several places to find numbers for other countries.

it's a standardized answer containing all the information a person need to get the necesary help.

• Maybe because the site owners and moderators think it will cause a negative impact on other GAG members, possible.

• If I see anything on that subject I always suggest getting professional help ASAP